Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kohler Karbon - flow questions

Posted by GWlolo (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 28, 13 at 17:02

The flow from my Kohler Karbon is not budging beyond a biggish trickle. I had the plumber out again today looking at it and he made sure there was no blockage and debris and still the flow is not better. I think someone (was it Oldbat?) got some part from Kohler to make the flow better. Can you tell what part to ask for from Kohler. Also more importantly, can you tell us how slow was the flow before and how much did it improve. That would be super helpful. DH and plumber think that we either have a total dud or the karbon thing is just a marketing hype :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kohler Karbon - flow questions

Call Kohler and ask for the high flow valve. I seem to remember it comes with a low flow one. This did the trick for us and we're on well water (low flow anyway). For less than $20 you should be set.

o

I have the Karbon and yes, call Kohler, they are very responsive. If anything, my Karbon is a tad too forceful.

o

DH says its an aerator not a valve.

o

When my Karbon was installed the water flow was 'limp'. I was so disappointed. My plumber took an hour and took the whole thing apart, took each section and blew into it. Finally I called Kohler while he was there and the last thing we hadn't checked was the last section with the spray button. They said to push the button in, take off the cover and check those parts. He blew into that and a tiny tiny piece of red plastic shot out. After that, everything was fine and the pressure was strong.

He also had taken the faucet off the base, put a cup over the hole and turned it on to make sure the water was coming out at pressure. That way we knew the water was coming at pressure but there was something in the faucet itself that was blocking it. Good luck! We love our Karbon.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here