Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zlynno_gw

Delta vs Pfister Faucet

Zlynno
9 years ago

I used to hang out here a lot as my husband and I were planning to build. Unfortunately, that did not happen as life took a sudden wrong turn. Now I am remodeling an older home. I cannot decide between the Delta Leland Single Handle Pull Down faucet or the Pfister Wilmington, also a pull down. I love the magnetic action of the Delta, but it is high arc faucet; I love the old fashioned look of the Pfister. I know that Delta is rating very high, but I can't find much info on the Pfister. I am wondering if anyone has any input which might help me decide which one to use.

Comments (11)

• Zlynno
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you, musicgal! This is good info and I will use it! It makes me happy as I was leaning toward the Delta and trying to justify higher price.

• nadianyc
    9 years ago

My contractor highly recommends the Delta magnetic pull-downs. Says he's never had one break. I'm going with the Delta Trinsic.

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

I have a friend who's been a builder of custom homes for the past 30+ years. He told me not to get Pfister faucets. He likes Moen, Delta, Grohe, hansgrohe, etc.

• Debbi Branka
    9 years ago

I have all Delta in my house, because I liked the style and they've been awesome with any issues (one faucet that was brushed nickel turned a goldish color - they sent me a new one). Having said that, my former house had Price Pfister faucets because before there were pull-downs, they made a pull out with a gooseneck for the kitchen AND BATHROOM! Try to find THAT now! I loved them. They also were excellent with warranty issues: new valve in the bath faucet, a couple new gaskets, and then the whole new pull out hose for my daughter's kitchen sink (we bought her the same Price Pfister we had in our house at the time). Anyway, my Delta seems a little sturdier to the feel, but I liked my Pfister just fine and they had good customer service. (Delta customer service, again, is excellent. I've never owned Moen.)

• feisty68
    9 years ago

I love my Delta Trinsic. The magnetic dock is really satisfying to use and I consider it a really great feature. I don't have experience with Pfister, but it is amazing how super annoying the pull-down sprayer is to use in our complex kitchen (don't know brand, definitely something cheaper than Delta Trinsic). I would be nice if you had the chance to play with your preferred models.

• Iowacommute
    9 years ago

I've had a couple of Pfister faucet, and they were okay. They did look and feel a little cheap though. My parents on the other hand have Delta because my dad used to be a plumber and really believes in Delta. Their faucets just feel nicer and maybe even heavier somehow when you use it.

• Zlynno
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you all so much! The Delta wins hands down. I had chosen the Delta Linden and it has the magnetic docking. You were all so very helpful; thank you again!!

• mmmk469
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I putchased Pfister faucets a couple years ago for two of my bathrooms and highly recommend. They are wonderful and I would definitely buy again. Maybe they have improved since these builders that armrest using them have used them, but I had s delta and like the pfister so much better

• Michelle misses Sophie
    5 years ago

We had to choose Pfister for the house we are currently in. The kitchen pull-down faucet failed to stay docked after less than a year. The finish on ALL the brushed nickel tarnished horribly, even though we do not have questionable water nor did I use harsh cleaning products. The models we'd chosen in 2006 were discontinued by 2010, so to make use of the lifetime finish warranty, we had to replace entire faucets, bath sets, etc. with what Pfister told us were the closest design (we weren't provided options to choose from). We ended up replacing every fixture again a few years later - with Delta.

Would never have Pfister again.

• David Gavin
    last year
    1. I purchased two faucets today one Delta and ond Pfister. Delta did not give instructions specific instead they give you generic instructions. Why this matters to me the mounting hardware is different between faucets and the faucet i bought does not include a tappered rubber gasket which would seal and keep faucet centered in mounting hole. However the instructions did show this style gasket in generic instructions. The Pfister faucet had specific instructions which showed all parts associated with faucet and did include rubber centering gasket for faucet mount. I also feel the Pfister felt very solid.