Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mudworm_gw

One Vitamix/Blendtec Recipe to impress your friends?

mudworm
10 years ago

We've had a Blendtec for a couple of months and absolutely love it. My DH had bad knees from injuries and he said that the pain in them noticeably subsided after we started doing smoothies almost every day. I put tons of stuff in, pineapple, nuts, flaxseed meal, etc and make them very thick. They don't have a nice color (due to nuts), and the consistency may be a turn off for many people. It is not a problem for us, ourselves.

However, this weekend, we are going on a mini vacation and I will take it with us. On our way, we'd stay with some friends over night. I want to make something from the Blendtec either for post dinner dessert or in the morning. I don't think my smoothie is all that presentable. So, I need your help, GWers.

Do you have a Vitamix/Blendtec recipe that yields appealing as well as tasty results? My Blendtec recipe book does not have many pictures, let alone testimonies.

Thank you!

Comments (10)

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

How about this for a simple but fun dessert recipe
    1 cup almond milk
    1 lb frozen peaches
    1/4 cup amaretto
    Feel free to add some of your goodies to to it!

But overall - here is a killer appetizer and so easy
    1 can of garbanzo beans with juice (low sodium)
    1 can garbanzo beans - drained
    1/4 cup raw sesame seeds
    1 TBS olive oil
    1/4 cup lemon juice
    1/4 cup water
    1 garlic clove - peeled
    1 tsp cumin
    1/2 tsp salt
    7 sun dried tomatoes

Use whatever your hummus setting is on the blendtec and enjoy!

I serve it with on a flat plate with drizzled olive oil and paprika sprinkled over the top.

And soup
    1.5 lbs of cooked asparagus (reserve 1 cup to put in bowls)
    1.5 cups chicken broth
    1/8 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    1/2 cup half and half

Place all ingredients in the blender and swirl until steaming (or just swirl and put on the stove)
    Add the cream and spin a bit longer

Serve in bowls with residual asparagus.

Now, I have to decide if I take VM on our next road trip...

• AnnaA
    10 years ago

A2, those recipes look wonderful!

Mudworm, try searching YouTube using search words for the types of desserts or drinks your friends like. You'll find lots of people demonstrating blender drinks from ubber healthy to intensely decadent.

Let us know what you create.

• mudworm
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks so much, A2! I'll do the desserts this time, but I'll make the other two soon as well, as they sound so delicious and simple!

• sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)
    10 years ago

Do the garbanzo recipe above! Mine is similar and fantastic. Just killer good.
    The asparagus soup also! I did add half a sweet potato once and also great. (a white sweet potato so the color did not turn odd)

So you have an appetizer
    A delish soup for pre-dinner
    A quick morning healthy drink? So many options...
    Usually frozen strawberries correct the color and add a natural sweetness
    ( my husband does not like grey food, lol, dispite the flavor, so i experiment with combinations) he does love the green we get from spinach or kale.

I did make a good spicy salsa using ,smoked chipotle,mango, cilantro, lime, cherry tomatoes...

• angela12345
    10 years ago

This is my "Go To" Vitamix recipe . . .

In Vitamix (or similar high powered blender) combine following: 1 cup Parrot Bay 90 proof coconut rum (or use 1-1/2 cup lower alcohol content coconut rum), 1/2 can cream of coconut like Coco Lopez, 2 cups+ fresh pineapple (approx 1/2 pineapple), 1 med banana. Squirt of lime juice optional. Blend well, about 20 seconds. Add ice approx 3-4 cups, blend until smooth and frozen throughout, approx 30 seconds. Our Vitamix holds 8-9 cups, this Pina Colada recipe will completely fill the blender.

YUM : )

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Angela! Wow- that packs a punch!

• dilly_ny
    10 years ago

I'm going to whip up Angela's piña colada recipe as soon as the sun comes out. Thanks. Sometimes simple things are best.

Anyone have a good chocolate mouse recipe?

• lafacia
    10 years ago

I don't know if either are impressive but both are delicious.
    Green Smoothie
    About four leaves of kale (stem and all)
    handful frozen pineapple
    handful frozen mango
    1 banana - frozen or not
    water, ice
    my kids like it with honey - I like it less sweet.

Pina Colada
    Coconut milk (in a box)
    frozen pineapple
    agave or honey
    ice
    sometimes we add half a banana to make it thicker
    And of course, you could add rum : )

• angela12345
    10 years ago

a2, you should see my 'punch' recipe !!

haha, just kidding. I don't have a special punch recipe. I just couldn't resist.

dilly, has the sun come out yet ?

I make a 'mousse' filling for my cakes. It is super easy and yummy ... 1 box any flavor instant jello pudding, 2 cups heavy whipping cream. Whip it up.

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

We have sun - hope it stays for a few days!!
    Nothing special this week - my retired self worked way too many hours this week.