Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flseadog

cushy cupboards

flseadog
14 years ago

Were did you buy your cushy cupboards. I checked their website and the first on-line source, CupboardLiner.com, seems like the least expensive of the ones listed. Please let me know if you've found a better source. I have a lot of cabinets and drawers I want to line and $11 for a 10' roll will get real expensive real fast. Thanks.

Comments (14)

• Buehl
    14 years ago

I bought mine online at Denault's (http://ww2.truevalue.com/denaults/) back in March when they had them on sale ($8.97 for a 12"W roll, $12.97 for a 24"W roll, plus S&H).

You may have to wait for another sale.

I doubt you'll ever find them as inexpensive as what you buy at WalMart or Target.

• flseadog
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you Buehl, I'll keep checking for a sale. I've used the Walmart, Target, and BB&B brands in the past. They work fine for my wall cabinets and I plan to do this again in my wall cabinets. But for my drawers I'm worried that my family will still be too vigorous for anything but Cushy Cupboards to work. In the past all the liners eventually got all scrunched up in the bottom of the drawers. Although, come to think of it, the new drawers will have the blum glides. Does anyone out there think this will make a difference it the ability of the store brands to stay in place in the drawers?

• holligator
    14 years ago

Target had a liner that was just as thick as Cushy Cupboards, easier to wipe off, and much less expensive. I saw it there about a year ago, so I don't know if they still have it, but it would be worth looking into.

I bought Cushy Cupboards for all my drawers and I have to say that it was the one recommendation from GW that left me completely underwhelmed. They do the job fine, I suppose, but for what I consider a pretty outrageous expense, I really don't see what all the fuss was about.

• brunosonio
    14 years ago

I bought some sort of textured cushioned liner at the Storables store. I think the Container Store has something similiar, as to most kitchen/bath stores. It was only about $5/roll. It's been 3 years since I put them in, and they are still in great shape and clean.

• ebse
    14 years ago

Hi everyone,

I had never thought about lining our new cabinets. Are they necessary? Do liners just prevent slippage of dishes, etc., or do they actually protect the cabinets? I'm intrigued.

Thanks.

• flseadog
    Original Author
    14 years ago

ebse, everyone probably has different reasons for using liners. For my family let's just say that we can get rather exuberant and energetic in the kitchen. The lining in the all cabinets will be to protect my glasses and dishes when someone inadvertently bangs them down instead of placing them gently. Or, on the other hand to protect my cabinets when someone bangs down a large can of kidney beans or diced tomatoes. For the drawers, I just hate it when things slosh around and lining the drawer helps to stop that. Especially in drawers with pots and pans we had a lot of crashing and banging going on when the drawers were pushed closed. Maybe the blum glides will be enough to stop that but I also hate the metal marks that sliding metal put on my old drawers. I can't help but think that over time this is bad for the cabinets. HTH.

• ebse
    14 years ago

Gotcha. Thanks, it does help!

• datura-07
    14 years ago

I use the Cushy Cupboard liners all over the house. I had a small leak under my kitchen sink for a week before we discovered it and the liner saved my wood.

They have also saved my laundry cupboards from the soap and etc.

I think they look so neat and the glasses slide so easily.

I also use them in the crisper in the fridge - so easy to clean up.

• mdod
    14 years ago

So if you have melamine coated cabinet interiors, the only benefit of these would be to cushion the shelves because the melamine will protect the shelves from water and can be wiped clean, right?

• datura-07
    14 years ago

melamine can scratch and if water sits on it, it might soak through. And partical board is a mess once water soaks in.

• mdod
    14 years ago

Darn. I thought that if I got the melamine coating I wouldn't have to mess with shelf liners anymore.

• reedrune
    14 years ago

I have cushy cupboards and i like them because
    1) they make everything quieter, things slide off them easily - our cabs are set high, so getting things off the top shelf isn't super easy.
    2)They keep things from sliding around in our drawers -
    3) They protect the cupboards

I love the feel of them - they aren't 'sticky' like the ones they sell at BB&B and Target. Even though those stores have Cushy Cupboard copies they aren't really the same. I'm glad I spent more on them!

• phay
    14 years ago

I have them and I really think they are a good quality product in this day and age of cheaply made things.
    Like the crisper idea. Will have to try it!

• mavia_2000
    14 years ago

I love them. I also use them in the crisper of my frig. So easy to clean up.