Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Electrical problem with Broan Hood

Posted by beachlover2 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 11, 13 at 16:40

We have a Broan Elite 6400 under cabinet hood. I love the hood because it does a great job. Here is my problem ... we have the hood grounded and the range is grounded; however if you are touching the range and you touch the fan switch or speed control, you get a huge shock!!! The meter read that it is 120 volts. What is the problem? Can anyone help me find out? Something is certainly not right! Thanks for any help you can give me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Electrical problem with Broan Hood

Hi Beachlover,

This may be of little help, but I have a Best by Broan power pack (I think it's the same thing that you describe as an under cabinet hood), and within the first year, we had a significant electrical component fail.

Since it was still under warranty, a very knowledgeable Broan repairman came and replaced it.

Maybe you can have a repairman come take a look? Or maybe your electrician can check it out? Is it still under warranty?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here