Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pugrolls

White Cabinets with White Countertops?

pugrolls
13 years ago

Hello, wonderful GWers,

Of all the funny things, DH is now totally in love with the white cabinet/espresso island look. (Despite throwing hissy fits early in the planning process about how much he HATES white cabinets. Yes. He actually typed "HATES" in all capital letters when we were emailing about the kitchen design). In any event, I am delighted by this development and am going to run with it. So now the question becomes, what countertop?

I love love love the look of white carrera marble on white cabinets, but DH wants to go with something more bulletproof. So, OK. Does anyone have or have photos of white cabinets with white countertops other than marble? White quartz, maybe? I would love to see them, thanks!

But just to drool over marble a little....

Comments (28)

• aokat15
    13 years ago

Many people on this site have done marble-substitutes... not sure how the search engine is running right now, but I would google search "non-marble white gardenweb" or something and you'll see a bunch of gorgeous kitchens that have used white granite, quartz, quartzite... etc. Firsthouse's kitchen is one that comes to mind. Know there are many more but can't remember off hand. Good luck!

Also, would you mind sharing where you found that second pic? would love to look at more views if they are out there!

• rookie_2010
    13 years ago

I found some white/white non-marble kitchens...

{{!gwi}}

[contemporary kitchen design[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/contemporary-kitchen-ideas-phbr1-bp~t_709~s_2103)

[contemporary kitchen design[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/contemporary-kitchen-ideas-phbr1-bp~t_709~s_2103) by san francisco interior designer Amoroso Design

[traditional kitchen design[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/traditional-kitchen-ideas-phbr1-bp~t_709~s_2107)

I wish I knew what type of stone they were.........

• pugrolls
    Original Author
    13 years ago

tootiepugsmom, ha! Glad to know DH isn't alone. :) Painting your oak kitchen white sounds like a great idea. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

aokat15, thanks for the tip! I will do that.

rookie_2010, those are some gorgeous non-marble white kitchens! Perhaps the first and third countertops are Bianco Romano granite? Or White River or Andromoda White granite?

Kitchen planning is so much fun!

• lilydixie
    13 years ago

I just came across the kitchen in the last picture and the granite there is Kashmir White.

You might also like Delicatus White or Bianco Antico.

• chocolatetruffle
    13 years ago

Caesarstone (quartz) makes some nice whites.

Here is a link that might be useful: Caesarstone colors

• jakabedy
    13 years ago

chocolateruffle beat me to it. I was going to suggest Caesarstone -- there is one that tries to mimic the tones of Carrara.

Here is a link that might be useful: Caesarstone Carrara

• opusa33
    13 years ago

Caesarstone(quartz) ''Nougat''

Very though to the everyday use

• boxerpups
    13 years ago

Here are few enjoy,
    ~boxer

Katie Ridder eat in kitchen blue glass

Boston Herald

Hooked On Houses Blog

Ronys Marble and Granite Island

Granite

• lexmiss
    13 years ago

I too adore white kitchens!

i'm going with this stone for my white kitchen. it's white vermont/super white grantie shown in polished finish. i am having it honed which will give it an even lighter, whiter feel. very similar look to carerra, imo.

• tootiepugsmom
    13 years ago

Hmmmm..... Cesarstone, huh? Tell me more of this...Cesarstone?? ;)

I wonder how it compares in price to granite? The website claims that it's much tougher and easier to use than granite but I wonder if that's really true.

This photo just sings to me... The lovely painted cabinets and the white cesarstone with that fab EDGE!!!! Yummmmmy!

• fleur222
    13 years ago

I have white cabinets and the Nougat Ceasarstone countertop. My floors are light oak. I have a small kitchen which does not accommodate an island. What I feel about my space is that white on white needs some features to soften it. Marble is a softer stone than Ceasarstone.
    It works in my kitchen, but I see pros and cons. I found GW just as I was about to start my kitchen, which had to be rushed because we had planned for visitors from overseas and I spent time caring for an ill parent while in the planning stages.
    I do not intend to stay in this home forever and therefore I did try to keep resale in mind along with my taste. I think it works in this space and granite would have also. I just couldn't appreciate or choose a granite when my first love was calacutta marble.
    It has been so long since I have posted any pictures, but I will try. Also, I have not finished the backsplash. I am leaning towards a blue subway or mixed blues glass tile.
    For some reason, the message box is not accepting the photo link. I will send this msg and try to post a picture in another message.

• fleur222
    13 years ago

Ok. Posting pictures this time. Any questions about the Ceasarstone, I will be happy to answer.

• camerong
    13 years ago

Hi GWers! I'm so glad I saw this post! I've been going back and forth between absolute black granite, jet mist (love the soapstone look), and then there's bianco romano, super white...and my true love carrara marble (not doing it with DH and 2 boys).
    Boxerpup, you find the best photos! Does anyone know the name of the granite in the last picture boxer posted?
    Wish I could pick my countertop and get this overwith. :(
    Cam

• boxerpups
    13 years ago

Cam,
    I think it is Pearl White granite.

And here are few more images of white with white.

~boxer

Urban Grace Interiors

cococozy

White Oak Flooring

Dessert 22

pompeii design group

Zscorp kitchen Design

• pugrolls
    Original Author
    13 years ago

lilydixie, those granites defintely are on my radar. Thanks for the suggestions!

chocolatetruffle and jakabedy, Caesarstone is also on my radar. My local Costco offers great pricing on Caesarstone, I like the uniformity of it, and it seems to be very popular in kitchen remodels in my area.

tootiepugsmom, in the NW, Caesarstone is generally more expensive than granite (at least the mid-priced granites). But as I mentioned, you can get some great pricing at Costco if you're a member there. Check it out! The one that tries to look like marble is Misty Carrera. http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?Prodid=11484199&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&N=4294900684&No=0amp;Ne=5000001%204000000&Mo=0

lexmiss, that Super White is going to look fabulous. I just love it! (Super White is really expensive in my area so we're looking for something a little less pricey). I envy your stone!

opusa and fleur, I do like the look of your Nougat Caesarstone. Have you been happy with it? No staining, chipping, etc? Any regrets?

Ah, boxerpups! I KNEW you would come through! Those are some GORGEOUS white/white kitchens you've posted! Thanks so much! :)

Y'all are the best!

• chucksmith
    13 years ago

I don't have a good example photo to show, but I believe you've got an awesome idea right there. White cabinets and white countertops would definitely complement and bring out a very great kitchen layout.

Here is a link that might be useful: In Stock Kitchens

• fleur222
    13 years ago

Pugrolls, I have had the countertop for almost a year. No staining, no chipping. Once I left an empty can near the sink. In the morning, I noticed a rust ring underneath, where there must have been some water. I did have to scrub a bit to remove it. Mine is a shiny surface. I also liked the idea of the uniformity, rather than what I saw in most granites. I had very little experience with anything kitchens and just found out about GW prior to remodeling.
    I think that Ceasarstone works well as a countertop. I think it works in my house and hopefully will work for resale one day. I did just have to have the seams re-done, but I attribute it to the fabricator's installation and probably not related to the Ceasarstone at all.
    Knowing what I know now, I would probably advise you to compare with light granites because I think they are different.
    Ceasarstone seems more contemporary, less warm, and does not accept hot pans directly from the oven or range. It has a more artificial look.
    I wasn't a fan of the granites with reddish speckles in them. I loved marble, but was concerned for resale. And if I have another home one day, I might lean towards granite or marble.
    Ceasarstone is very easy to clean, and does give my kitchen a light, airy feel, which I wanted. Hope that helps.

• kompy
    13 years ago

I know solid surface is not as popular as granite and quartz right now, but their private collection colors look like real marble! You need to see them in the larger 10x10 samples to give them justice.

I did a job with an 'almost white' kitchen and the 'Clamshell' color by Corian. It was stunning! I wish I had photos. I may need to email my client. I did the kitchen about 4 years ago??

click link to see a blog about it. Pics shown as you scroll down are Clamshell and Raincloud.

I have a 3" thick top in Sagebrush in my showroom. People love it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Corian Private Collection

• firstmmo
    13 years ago

I have white and white! I am loving it--we just moved in Monday so we have only been in about 36 hours, but as soon as I can find my camera, I will post pics. There are some pics of my kitchen if you search me and white granite.

• pugrolls
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, firsthouse, I would love to see pics!

*off to try to find some on google...*

• pugrolls
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the thoughtful feedback, Fleur. I hear you; white quartz is good for helping with the "light and airy" feeling. It doesn't get me all worked up like some stones (marble, some granites), however. Sigh. Still wrestling with the countertop decision, clearly....

• stacynanceinteriors
    13 years ago

Great pics of white kitchens! I already remodeld one house and put in a white kitchen. I loved it! We just moved, and I'm putting a new white kitchen in this house. I'm a decorator, and I've done lots of research on white kitchens. Check it out http://stacynanceinteriors.wordpress.com/
    Also, the granite in those pictures is called bianca ramono. It's gorgeous. This what I'm putting in my kitchen bc my hubby won't let me do the carrera. And we have an 8 mo old.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stacy Nance Interiors

• angieszen
    13 years ago

What is it with the anti-marble husbands? I have done everything I can think of but he won't budge - no marble for me. I just saw Firsthome's new kitchen and it makes me weep it is so beautiful...and totally the look I am going for. I don't know if they have White Princess here in LA - will go back and look at slabs - on my last visit I didn't even consider granite - did not know it could be so close to the marble look I crave.

Would love to hear from any other So Cal renovators who have found a good white granite in the area.

• jennet_2010
    13 years ago

Nice posts and nice pictures really like it.....

• eustacem
    13 years ago

I want a marble-looking-but-not-actually-marble look myself so I am going with Cambria (quartz) which has a new color called "Waverton" that looks pretty close. I finally saw it in person yesterday and liked it; the photo on their website was pretty close to the actual color.

• firstmmo
    13 years ago

Pugrools:
    What counter did you end up with? Did you do Super White? Still loving my white and white kitchen....search my name and "rancher remodel" for pics.

• pugrolls
    Original Author
    13 years ago

firsthouse, if you can believe it, we STILL don't have a countertop! (Our contractor has been dragging his feet on the rest of the kitchen as well, but that's a different story for a different day). The countertop delay is all my fault...well, mostly. I HAD settled on Super White and was actually pretty excited about it, but then the stone yard where I had my slabs on hold called to say they made a mistake -- the slabs I wanted were already on hold by someone else! Those slabs were the only Super White slabs in my city. Such a bummer! I really love the white quartzites and wish I could get some!

I have looked at photos of your gorgeous kitchen many, many times now. Soooo drool-worthy!

Sponsored
Cabido Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
DC & Montgomery County's Best in Full Service, Custom Home Remodeling