Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Paint Kitchen Cabinets?

Posted by kira5817 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 26, 13 at 16:21

Should I paint my silver/grey cabinets cream to match the rest of my adjoining great room. I will be installing a solid surface countertop regardless, but if I keep them I will go a lighter quartz, if I change to cream cabinets the counters with be a gold/cream granite.

What should I do? Planning on selling the house in about 7 years, so resale is important.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Paint Kitchen Cabinets?

Adjoining Living Room

o

Adjoining Dining Area

o

It looks just fine now. Worry about doing anything else in 7 years.

o

I agree with live. Do it closer to sale so it looks fresh.

o

Not to mention... but grey is very "in" right now. Maybe change the wall color in the great room/dining area to a more "greige" color.

o

leave them, they look fine as is. As you get closer to a sale you can re-evaluate. If you paint now you will likely need to re-paint them anyway so wait for now!

o

what color is the wall paint in the living/dining rooms? I really like it!

o

Thanks for the feedback! I think we will keep them and buy a countertop that will work with cream cabinets if we decide to paint in the future.

The colour in my great room is BM Dijon btw.

Was thinking of doing BM Linen White on the cabs when we decide to paint them.

o

i actually like your grey cabinets. It really is a nice change from white cabinets even though I love white cabinets. I think a white marble with grey veining would look beautiful and update your look. It is so pretty now and I would keep it!

o

The cabinets are very attractive and a unique color. My vote is to keep them this color and find a counter that works with both. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here