Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Paint on cabinet - say something or forget about it

Posted by linelle (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 16:19

This is about a bathroom vanity, but could apply to a kitchen cabinet.

My bathroom remodel isn't finished. I just took the protective covering off the vanity to prep for the counter being installed tomorrow. Along one edge that meets the wall, there is a *very* small amount of latex wall paint that got past the blue tape and onto the cabinet end panel. It's very minimal and would only be noticed by someone sitting on the adjacent toilet who was bored and looked over their shoulder. :)

Do I just let it go? That's what I'm inclined to do. There are two places, each about 2 inches long. I'm thinking that trying to remove it could possibly cause more damage than just leaving a sliver of paint.

Your thoughts?

paint on wood

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Paint on cabinet - say something or forget about it

I can't ever remember, while sitting on a toilet, looking over my shoulder to check out the wall or the vanity. If that's the only instance it would be noticed, I'd leave it.

o

Leave it :)

o

Good. That's what I'm gonna do.

o

Leave it. I had the same problem in my kitchen. Then I realized that the spot where it happened is where the fridge goes. No one will ever see it.

o

I think you can just take your fingernail and scrape it off. Will probably be easier now when still fresh and curing. Covering with a little brown paint is an option too if you have any fine artist brushes around.

o

Ding, ding, ding!!! We have a winner, and it's ... Snookums!!!

The old fingernail trick. Even though the paint has had two weeks to cure, it all came off and is currently in residence under my thumbnails.

This board just keeps getting better and better. ;-)

Edited to add: So so so glad I didn't say anything to my GC. So glad.

This post was edited by linelle on Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 18:55

o

Were you planning on posting a reveal in Baths when it's done? I keep looking in there for it. Might start our master this fall.

o

may_flowers, it's not done but maybe in a week or so. I'll post a reveal in Baths. My counter is being installed tomorrow so the rest should go fairly quickly.

Except, we have discovered a squeak/deflection zone in one area of the tile floor. :( They're going under the house tomorrow to see if it can be corrected from below. If not, some tile will have to come up. It'll get done. I have the utmost confidence in my GC.

o

Yay! Lol

Yeah, I don't think that one would go over too well! But I certainly understand your angst over the details.

This post was edited by snookums2 on Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 21:26

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here