Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ds945_gw

Kitchen Remodel under 10k - partially done

ds945
10 years ago

Hi,
I still have yet to decide on a backsplash and island pendants and need to have the oven installed, but since this might take a while I thought I'd reveal what I have gotten done.
Here are the details:
elkay low divide sink ELUHAQD32179

kohler bellara faucet

oil rubbed bronze bin pulls, and knobs

giallo napoleon granite

kitchen cabinets - benjamin moore windswept

island - beadboard paper, benjamin moore nantucket blue with gray and black glaze

bosch cooktop#: NGM5654UC

kitchenaid french door refrigerator KFI525XVMS9

bosch dishwasher SHX3AR75UC

Maytag Microwave MMV520WS1

Comments (18)

• scrappy25
    10 years ago

Very nice and congrats on a great update! Very restful colors , I love that sink and that granite.
    The fluorescent light no longer fits in, can you replace that with pendants?

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    10 years ago

Good work! I may need to copy your sink and faucet.

Appreciate seeing the "budget" re-dos so much!

• ds945
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks scrappy25. Yes I will replace the fluorescent light. I just have been going back and forth trying to decide. Seeded glass, apothecary pendants, blown glass, brushed nickel. It somehow seems like such a touch choice.

• anne999
    10 years ago

Looks great! Go with oil rubbed bronze for the pendants, to match your knobs and pulls. Seeded glass sounds nice as do the others.

• williamsem
    10 years ago

Wow, that looks great! What a difference. I bet you smile every time you walk in there now!

• LoPay
    10 years ago

Great job.

+ on the sink, that is same one that I am putting in.

• Bunny
    10 years ago

Wow!! I love seeing a transformation without breaking the bank. Excellent job, looks great.

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

Great job! Love the granite!

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

I love it! You really did a wonderful job.

• laurajane02
    10 years ago

I love the badboard you added to your island. Great job!

• Vertise
    10 years ago

Great job! Such a fresh change must feel like a million bucks.

• ds945
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone.
    I do love the Elkay sink. I am happy with the 2/3, 1/3 divide. The 1/3 area is fine for a dish drain for fragile items. I usually have a wineglass, vase or plate I don't want to put in the dishwasher. I also love that I can wash cookie sheets without sloshing water all over. The two best changes I'd have to say are the new dishwasher and the large burner on the cooktop. The dishwasher will clean just about anything with no rinsing. With my old dishwasher I would rinse, put them in the dishwasher and wipe them again with a wet paper towel when taking them out. The large burner on the cooktop has been such a timesaver for boiling water for pasta. This is the first time I have ever replaced functioning appliances (though the use of the word functioning is questionable when referring to my old dishwasher) in my life. It was such a step outside of my comfort zone.

• apinksweater
    10 years ago

I love this color scheme! Did you do this yourself, or was it done professionally? If you did it yourself, bychance do you have the name of the paint used on the island?

• apinksweater
    10 years ago

Ha, never-mind, I completely missed the spot where you listed the island.

This is gorgeous though! :)

• ds945
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I had the cabinets professionally painted which ran about $750, but then changed my mind about the island color and painted it myself. I had more confidence after seeing the professional paint the others. I am really happy with how It turned out. The pictures really don't capture the depth of the finish and the glazing.
    Thanks for the compliment.

• ittybittybungalow
    10 years ago

Wow. Great job. Such nice colors and such a good job on painting by you and your painter.

You must be so happy with how nicely every turned out.

Thank you so much for posting.

• deedles
    10 years ago

Looks great! The island is awesome. Love the color. Enjoy!

• shelayne
    10 years ago

Very nice! Love how light and bright the room appears now. Congrats on a job well-done!