Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what finish faucet with Blanco's Cinder sink?

Posted by Skyangel23 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 6, 14 at 15:36

I'm getting a Blanco single bowl sink in Cinder, a gorgeous dark gray. Shaker cabinets are warm off-white, most likely with bronze cup pulls. Appliances stainless steel, light fixtures a dark oil rubbed bronze, which include two metal lanterns (or bell jar lanterns, can't decide) over the peninsula.

The countertops will be laminate for now, while I save up for what I really want, but I picked out a carrara Marble imitator. The floors will be a distressed hickory, and the walls are going to be Benjamin Moore's Smoke Embers, a warm gray, but definitely grayer versus beige/tan.

I was going to do a brushed nickel faucet to contrast w/ the gray sink and go with the appliances. But then I started falling in love with these country-look bridge faucets, and they look so gosh darn gorgeous in bronze that I'm not sure which finish I should go with.

Would the bronze be too dark with the gray sink, or am I over thinking things?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what finish faucet with Blanco's Cinder sink?

Satin Nickel finish:

o

Blanco single bowl sink in Cinder:

o

I have this sink in black and chose polished nickel hardware for the contrast and to match hinges, etc in my kitchen. I suppose it would depend on the other colors you're working with but I like the contrast.

o

I love bronze but not sure I like it with the cinder sink (which is gorgeous)
I would go with nickel - but remember nickel is a living finish unless treated.

o

I can show you what the Moen Woodmere (spot resistant finish) looks like with the cinder.........we love the sink AND the color. It's a dream to keep looking nice. Also we went with the Blanco with the integrated stainless basket, so that influenced our faucet finish decision as well. The granite is Typhoon Bordeaux and it plays well with the cinder too.

o

I have cinder sinks, stainless appliances, and satin nickel faucets, but I think the bronze could work. Can you go to a showroom with a sink and take along (or borrow from a display) a bronze faucet? I have and prefer very cool tones, but find the cinder to be on the warmer side of grey and all your choices sound lovely to me.

o

Skyangel-trying again, my posts keep deleting.

We have cinder with brushed stainless. I too think the cinder is a warmer gray. Do you know what you want to get for granite-warm v cool? Maybe that will help you decide. I feel like stainless can go either way where orb is definitely warm.

We went with darker barstools hoping they would blend in more than stand out-you can see one in the background. Definitely mixed finishes here.

o

Thank you Autumn4 and phonelady for sharing your pictures of your gorgeous sinks. Man, that cinder color looks good. And it does look really good with the nickel/brushed SS faucets. kksmama, that is a good idea to try and find a showroom. We went to Ferguson's and they didn't have a cinder sink, unfortunately. I could call around.

Autumn4, not absolutely sure what granite we'll choose in a couple of years, though I love superwhite. For now we will have a laminate that looks a bit marble-ish. It's an off-white with swirling warm gray. I would call it warm but I am no expert on warm versus cool coloring. Pic attached.

o

Skyangel-love superwhite! I am no expert but I would say the pic you show does look warm to me too. Only way I can usually tell is when I put it next to something else. I went to Ferguson's and they didn't have cinder either so I chose off of one of the little samples. They are small but accurate. Can't wait to see your kitchen. :)

This post was edited by Autumn.4 on Sat, Jun 7, 14 at 19:22

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here