Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grohe K7 pre-rinse or Dornbracht Profi Faucet

Posted by cndgrl (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 12, 13 at 15:32

Hello all,
I have been lurking for weeks now and have gotten so much good information! I want a commercial style pre-rinse faucet and am now down to two. Does anyone have either the Grohe K7 pre-rinse ( with the coils and 1.75 gpm) or the Dornbracht Profi single lever mixing faucet ( 2.11 gpm as oppossed to their lower 1.5 gpm)?

Pro's and con's ? I need to decide soon as I have a leaky faucet and it needs to be replaced. Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grohe K7 pre-rinse or Dornbracht Profi Faucet

This is not the answer to your exact question, but you can't go wrong with Grohe. We've had a Grohe faucet almost 10 years without any problems. Love it so much, we'll be getting another Grohe for our remodel for the prep sink and will probably use the old faucet on the main sink (just decided this recently as it made no sense to spend another few hundred dollars on a new faucet when our old one works perfectly fine).

o

I've got the Dornbracht profi with the filler and seperate high arc sprayer. Are you speaking of the combined faucet that looks like the sprayer with the spring? The newest one?

I've been very pleased with my faucet and it's 9 years old. Looks new. The sprayer is terrific.

o

Hi rococgurl,
I love the "tara classic" which is the one I believe you are referring to. It is 1.5 gpm flow vs the single profi that I am looking at (2.1 gpm) . But I am glad to hear you love yours! Can you adjust water pressure intensity of the sprayer? (ie strong for cleaning and soft for veggies?) thank you!

o

I have the grandma of the faucet you're looking at so no, no adjustment on mine. Yes, it's the Tara plus the sprayer. Expect you know Dornbracht is the peak of high end -- Grohe has a fine rep but comparables are really mgs progetti, Triflow and Barber Wilsons. Mine has been a great investment as the cost has tripled since I bought it. It's their satin nickel finish.

Here's a snap of my sprayer stream just for reference.

This post was edited by rococogurl on Thu, Jun 13, 13 at 10:42

o

Well I went and ordered the profi ( alone without the faucet as it had more gallons per minute than the combined). I just loved the look of it over the grohe. Thank you for the pic. Now I have to wait 2 weeks to get it :)

o

Congrats! Post and show when you get it, please. We're about due for a case of major faucet-envy around here.

o

@cndgrl -- pix yet?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here