Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cndgrl_gw

Grohe K7 pre-rinse or Dornbracht Profi Faucet

cndgrl
10 years ago

Hello all,
I have been lurking for weeks now and have gotten so much good information! I want a commercial style pre-rinse faucet and am now down to two. Does anyone have either the Grohe K7 pre-rinse ( with the coils and 1.75 gpm) or the Dornbracht Profi single lever mixing faucet ( 2.11 gpm as oppossed to their lower 1.5 gpm)?

Pro's and con's ? I need to decide soon as I have a leaky faucet and it needs to be replaced. Thank you!

Comments (8)

• ck_squared
    10 years ago

This is not the answer to your exact question, but you can't go wrong with Grohe. We've had a Grohe faucet almost 10 years without any problems. Love it so much, we'll be getting another Grohe for our remodel for the prep sink and will probably use the old faucet on the main sink (just decided this recently as it made no sense to spend another few hundred dollars on a new faucet when our old one works perfectly fine).

• rococogurl
    10 years ago

I've got the Dornbracht profi with the filler and seperate high arc sprayer. Are you speaking of the combined faucet that looks like the sprayer with the spring? The newest one?

I've been very pleased with my faucet and it's 9 years old. Looks new. The sprayer is terrific.

• cndgrl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi rococgurl,
    I love the "tara classic" which is the one I believe you are referring to. It is 1.5 gpm flow vs the single profi that I am looking at (2.1 gpm) . But I am glad to hear you love yours! Can you adjust water pressure intensity of the sprayer? (ie strong for cleaning and soft for veggies?) thank you!

• rococogurl
    10 years ago

I have the grandma of the faucet you're looking at so no, no adjustment on mine. Yes, it's the Tara plus the sprayer. Expect you know Dornbracht is the peak of high end -- Grohe has a fine rep but comparables are really mgs progetti, Triflow and Barber Wilsons. Mine has been a great investment as the cost has tripled since I bought it. It's their satin nickel finish.

Here's a snap of my sprayer stream just for reference.

This post was edited by rococogurl on Thu, Jun 13, 13 at 10:42

• cndgrl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well I went and ordered the profi ( alone without the faucet as it had more gallons per minute than the combined). I just loved the look of it over the grohe. Thank you for the pic. Now I have to wait 2 weeks to get it :)

• rococogurl
    10 years ago

Congrats! Post and show when you get it, please. We're about due for a case of major faucet-envy around here.

• rococogurl
    10 years ago

@cndgrl -- pix yet?

• Paul In MA
    7 years ago

reviving an antique thread -

Looking at the same faucet's. going to go in a 36" soapstone sink. looking at the K7 or the Tara Ultra (the single lever with the separate sprayer). Weird thing is the single lever mixer version of the tara is about 2X the price of the 2 piece set??? Seems quite strange...

Anyone with the 2 piece set comments on how you like it?

Paul

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner