Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kam76

What size restoration hardware pulls?

kam76
9 years ago

I have 3 30" drawer stacks and one 36" drawer stack slab fronts. I am looking at the restoration hardware Adeline pull.

Restoration sizes come in 3", 4", 6", and 8". What size pulls would you use for the drawers?

30" drawer = One 8" pull (rule of thirds ideally be 10" )
OR Two 4" or 6" pull? (ideally would be 5")

36" drawer= Two 6" pulls?

I am also interested in the Adeline knobs for upper cabinets which are rectangular. Are there any issues you can see with this or another knob that might coordinate?

Or if you have a totally different idea I am open.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Comments (7)

• illinigirl
    9 years ago

that is a very pretty pull. I just ordered my pulls last week so I'll tell you how I did it. My 30" (or close to it) drawers got 7 1/8" pulls (6" centers). The next size up that pull came in was 12" centers and those were 99 dollars/each. Not happening. I think I may have liked one a bit bigger but it will be fine. In your case since the 8" is available go with that for your 30" drawers. Just wondering though, what is your drawer style? Does it have rails/stiles? Apparently the rule of thirds applies to the panel part of the drawer front only (not including the stile on each end). FWIW.

For the few drawers I had that were under 20" wide I went with the 5" center pulls. I did order the 12" centers for my garbage and recycle pullouts because I like a nice big pull for that even though those were only 20" wide. Nice to hang a towel on too.

I think rectangular knobs are fine if they have a little pin on them to keep them from spinning on the cabinet. I ordered some rectangular shaped knobs for my master bath and they had the little pin to prevent the spinning. So just look for that.

• peony4
    9 years ago

Regarding your 36 drawers, some believe that 2 handles on a single drawer aren't functional and may impact the use of the drawer. I don't have drawers that wide, but it may be something to consider. Realistically, if you won't consistently open the drawers using both pulls, you'll want to consider the regular strain of using just 1 pull on a 2-pull drawer.

• romy718
    9 years ago

You can do whatever you like, personal preference. I like things uniform & symmetrical so I did the same size pulls throughout (Full disclosure, I did 3 different knobs). Mine are 4" CC and 5 1/8 overall width. On my 30" & 36" drawers, I did 2 pulls. Everything else, one pull. These are 36" drawers.

• romy718
    9 years ago

Drawers with one pull. Also depends on your kitchen style-my kitchen is traditional.

• calumin
    9 years ago

We have Aubrey pulls and used a single 6" pull on all our 30" and 36" drawers. We only used 8" pulls for our pantry & closet door handles. We didn't want to use 2 pulls on any drawer and liked having a single centered pull.

• kam76
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Our drawers will be slab so there are no stiles - so I guess the rule would be to take the full 30" and 36" into account.

I would likley only use one handle (bad habit) that is why I was thinking of only doing one. But I didn't want a single 8" to look lost on a 36" drawer. I should order samples of course.

Thanks for sharing your photos romy!

Do you have a pic of your drawers illinigirl and/or calumin? I was looking at the Aubrey pulls too.

• illinigirl
    9 years ago

kam,
    I don't have pics yet. The drawer fronts aren't on. I did realize that the drawers under my range top are closer to 38" wide and I'm still using the 7 1/4" overall length pull. I'm not personally worried it will be too small but it's personal preference about how long you want it to look. I forgot to mention I'm staying with single pulls on all drawers.