Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
irakefet

Benjamin Moore Antique White for kitchen cabinets?

iRakefet
11 years ago

I am remodelling my kitchen and am going crazy trying to find the right Benjamin Moore cream color for my cabinets. The walls in the kitchen will probably be BM shaker beige which is really popular now. I want my cabinets to be on the darker white side. I know BM White Dove is the most popular but I want my cabinets a much darker and creamier white. Has anyone used BM Antique White on their cabinets?

Comments (11)

• geomeg
    11 years ago

I'm in the same situation! I can't pick a white for my cabinets either.
    I'm looking for a cream color but that's not yellow.

I'm also debating whether to do a glaze or not?

Sorry I'm not much help...

• geomeg
    11 years ago

Sorry about the double post...

• willtv
    11 years ago

Many of us have been down this road.
    Personally, we looked at about a dozen whites before deciding on BM Gardenia, a very warm white.
    The best way to make this decision, we found, is to pick up some of those 2oz. sample bottles and try them out in your space under differing lighting conditions.
    You'll be surprised at how different the color looks in your local paint store as compared to your kitchen.

• kimiko232
    11 years ago

I'm painting my cabinets ivory white. It's a beautiful color. I'm putting on my third (yes, third) coat tonight. I'm spraying them, though. The people at Fine Paints said I should do three coats.

I found out about the color through Home Beautiful in one of their colors that designers use. Alexa hampton said she loved the color and her father used it too. I love both of their styles, so I tried it out. It really is beautiful. I did consider, btw, Pratt and Lambert's seed pearl. It is somewhat similar. And gorgeous too, I think i read that Victoria Hagan promotes seed pearl. I've inserted an exerpt from Washington post about ivory white....

Q.
    Trim paint

I just wanted to thank Alexa - when we were redecorating about 5 years ago, I read in an article about her that she loved Benjamin Moore 925 (ivory white) for trim/woodwork -- we used it thorughout our house and just love it -- it is the perfect combination of rich, soft, and crisp!

�
    May 06, 2010 10:48 AM

A.
    Alexa Hampton :

Yeah!! Another 925 convert. Bless us all (and check out AF 20, too)!-------- I found out that it is BM's marscapone (didn't realize it until today- was also a contender.)
    � May 06, 2010 11:19 AM

Good luck!
    Kim

Here is a link that might be useful: Alexa Hampton- Washington post.

• jessicaml
    11 years ago

Have you seen shanghaimom's cream kitchen? She used Bone White (aka Natural Wicker) on the cabinets and Ballet White on the walls

There's no substitute for painting samples. Get a sample pot of your wall color and one or two of your favorite cabinet colors and see how they play together in your own lighting.

Here is a link that might be useful: shanghaimom's cream kitchen

• fran1523
    11 years ago

This is Bm lambskin. It's definitely not pure white.

• geomeg
    11 years ago

Wow shanghaimom's bone white kitchen is gorgeous! I'm going to get a sample of the color.

• llalla
    11 years ago

I am currently deciding between Benjamin Moore Antique White and Benjamin Moore Woodland Snow. Just curious if you did end up going with the Antique White and if you did how you like it and if you can post pics. Thanks!!

• amyb523
    8 years ago

Yes, our kitchen cabinets are Benjamin Moore Antique White, and we are very happy with it!

I love how it gives the kitchen that warm, cozy feel that the brighter whites don't. I was originally afraid to have white cabinets, but since BM is such a good quality, cooking splatters and whatnot wipe right off.

• Martha B
    5 years ago
    This is an old thread; but wondering what color you went with for your walls. Shaker Beige?