Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Benjamin Moore Antique White for kitchen cabinets?

Posted by iRakefet (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 28, 12 at 15:25

I am remodelling my kitchen and am going crazy trying to find the right Benjamin Moore cream color for my cabinets. The walls in the kitchen will probably be BM shaker beige which is really popular now. I want my cabinets to be on the darker white side. I know BM White Dove is the most popular but I want my cabinets a much darker and creamier white. Has anyone used BM Antique White on their cabinets?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Benjamin Moore Antique White for kitchen cabinets?

I'm in the same situation! I can't pick a white for my cabinets either.
I'm looking for a cream color but that's not yellow.

I'm also debating whether to do a glaze or not?

Sorry I'm not much help...

o

I'm in the same situation! I can't pick a white for my cabinets either.
I'm looking for a cream color but that's not yellow.

I'm also debating whether to do a glaze or not?

Sorry I'm not much help...

o

Sorry about the double post...

o

Many of us have been down this road.
Personally, we looked at about a dozen whites before deciding on BM Gardenia, a very warm white.
The best way to make this decision, we found, is to pick up some of those 2oz. sample bottles and try them out in your space under differing lighting conditions.
You'll be surprised at how different the color looks in your local paint store as compared to your kitchen.

o

I'm painting my cabinets ivory white. It's a beautiful color. I'm putting on my third (yes, third) coat tonight. I'm spraying them, though. The people at Fine Paints said I should do three coats.

I found out about the color through Home Beautiful in one of their colors that designers use. Alexa hampton said she loved the color and her father used it too. I love both of their styles, so I tried it out. It really is beautiful. I did consider, btw, Pratt and Lambert's seed pearl. It is somewhat similar. And gorgeous too, I think i read that Victoria Hagan promotes seed pearl. I've inserted an exerpt from Washington post about ivory white....

Q.
Trim paint

I just wanted to thank Alexa - when we were redecorating about 5 years ago, I read in an article about her that she loved Benjamin Moore 925 (ivory white) for trim/woodwork -- we used it thorughout our house and just love it -- it is the perfect combination of rich, soft, and crisp!

May 06, 2010 10:48 AM

A.
Alexa Hampton :

Yeah!! Another 925 convert. Bless us all (and check out AF 20, too)!-------- I found out that it is BM's marscapone (didn't realize it until today- was also a contender.)
� May 06, 2010 11:19 AM

Good luck!
Kim

Here is a link that might be useful: Alexa Hampton- Washington post.

o

Have you seen shanghaimom's cream kitchen? She used Bone White (aka Natural Wicker) on the cabinets and Ballet White on the walls

There's no substitute for painting samples. Get a sample pot of your wall color and one or two of your favorite cabinet colors and see how they play together in your own lighting.

Here is a link that might be useful: shanghaimom's cream kitchen

o

This is Bm lambskin. It's definitely not pure white.

Bar wall, This is a view of the bar wall with the under counter light on and the all important cork screw on top.  Cabinets and wood work are painted Benjamin Moore Lambskin.  The wall is the BM Aura paint called truffle.

o

Wow shanghaimom's bone white kitchen is gorgeous! I'm going to get a sample of the color.

o

I am currently deciding between Benjamin Moore Antique White and Benjamin Moore Woodland Snow. Just curious if you did end up going with the Antique White and if you did how you like it and if you can post pics. Thanks!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here