Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for opinions on floor plan...

Posted by TheSobersRenoing (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 3, 13 at 15:23

We have a small kitchen currently 9'6" x 9' that we are enlarging slightly to 9'6" x 9'6"...

We have the same layout at the moment but with ridiculous blind corners, and old cabinets with the floor as the bottom shelf.

We are not willing to move plumbing, trying to keep this as cost effective as possible...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for opinions on floor plan...

Hello,

could you label the numbers so thatit is clear which appliance goes where? I assume 14 is the fridge?

My overall sense is that you might gain a much more pleasant space if "8" moved as it is creating a small entry into the kitchen and rendering the whole kitchen an almost one person space.

What is the open space at the bottom of the layout? it is not clear what the constraints are so a little more background would help!

o

Moving plumbing does not have to be expensive unless you are on a slab.

o

The space on the other side of the peninsula is the dining room, there's a patio door next to 7.

14 is fridge
5 is dishwasher
6 is sink cabinet, with pull out trash

I agree removing 8 would give us more space but we would loose a tone of counter/storage space...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here