Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Backsplash help!

Posted by michelle12345678 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 16, 13 at 15:19

I have a modern, espresso maple kitchen (no panels on the cabinet doors) And espresso floors and its a backcounter with a fairly large island with an eating bar that opens to the living room. The apartment is otherwise white and gets a lot of light. I'm getting a new backsplash and countertop to brighten the kitchen. I'm getting pental quartz countertops in thassos color (which is the whitest I've found). Should I get a white marble with grey veining single slab (carerra, statuario or calacutta) for the full backsplash, 4x4 or 4x12 marble tiles in the same color) - tiling vs the slab are the same price) or something else like a white matte glass tile)? I want it to look timeless but I worry the marble (especially marble tile) will clash because the cabinets are contemporary (or so you think it will look good with the marble)? I think all white counters and backsplash will look too flat. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Backsplash help!

I think a slab of marble would be gorgeous! Marble is very versatile and can look, old world, traditional, contemporary or modern depending on the context. Go on Houzz and search for kitchens with cabinets like yours in the search bar. You can look through the photos and see what moves you. Good luck!

o

Here are some photos that I found on Houzz. I have always love this first kitchen even though I'm not a modern girl. I love this slab backsplash!

-kitchen-dallas'>

Design-contemporary-kitchen-san-francisco'>

Good Luck and I hope it ends up just like you imagined!

o

Thanks. I did see the first kitchen while searching and its similar to my kitchen. I think you are right that marble is versatile

o

I haven't seen a sample of your quartz in real life. I do love marble, but nothing makes a man-made counter look more fake than putting it under real stone. If you want the look that SJG is showing you, you may want to use a slab of your counter material as your backsplash, although I agree that would be a little bland. You have made some classic choices, and can do anything you want including adding color, at this point. Perhaps you should google image search "espresso cabinets white quartz counters" and see what appeals to you.

Pental Quartz Thassos
img src="http://www.pentalonline.com/images/products/pentalquartz/thassos-Pental-Quartz-T.jpg">

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here