Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelle16_gw

francoise_your a genius!!!

michelle16
11 years ago

I can't believe it, I post a pic. just to show my ideas of mixing the grey, white dove and touches of blue, and you were able to find that pic and find out the gray used. Now what are the chances that it would work and I love it! yes, just got back from store, it hasn't even dried yet, and I know it's the one!!!! I really loved cumulous cloud, but knew it was a hair too light, this seems perfect, I can't thank you enough!!! Michelle

Comments (15)

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

Only on Gardenweb...

• francoise47
    11 years ago

Michelle -- so glad the paint worked for you.

Yes, beekeeperswife -- its what Gardenweb is all about: a bunch of kitchen geeks helpin' each other out and making the world more beautiful one kitchen at a time.

• rhome410
    11 years ago

making the world more beautiful one kitchen at a time.

Amen! ;-D

• auroraborelis
    11 years ago

I love the color of the cabinets as well! Well, my cabinets are going to be espresso, but I love that color for some walls :)

What is the color? I'm having trouble finding your previous post.

• MichelleDT
    11 years ago

I really like that.....it will be stunning. What are the colors?

• francoise47
    11 years ago

The color in Michelle's inspiration photo is BM Stone Harbor (from decorpad).

Here is a link that might be useful: Yesterday's post on grayish blues

• williamsem
    11 years ago

As much as I like all the fantastic white kitchens, I can't see myself with one. But this...this I would love! Maybe in our forever house.

Looking forward to seeing how your kitchen progresses!

• michelle16
    Original Author
    11 years ago

thanks everyone for saying you like the color, williamsem- I too love the white but also love the gray, so I'm actually doing both, but instead of just doing the island in gray as most would do, I am doing mostly white dove, and then this color gray on a wall of cabinetry.We shall see, hopefully it works!! I think all gray can be drab if you don't add some contrast. That's why I also like this inspiration pic, because it has those nice pops of blue with the accessories.

• blackchamois
    11 years ago

Michelle16 - What color are you painting the walls? I noticed in the inspiration pic the walls look a slightly lighter color gray/taupe. Will you be doing something similar?

Love this kitchen and can't wait to see yours!

• michelle16
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Black Chamois- can you believe they describle the walls as lavandar? that kind of scared me, because I want to make sure noone see's purple when they see my gray!! haha, when the designer gets here tom. morning we will see. I am leaning towards white dove for the L shaped cabs and island, stone harbor grey for the wall of cabs opposite the window(gets alot of light) and maybe edgecomb gray for walls, it's very subtle next to the stone harbor. white macabus quartzite, and pops of that blue in my stools, dishes, etc.

• SparklingWater
    11 years ago

Could anyone estimate the height of the tall crown molding in michelle16's first photo? You all are the best! Thanks in advance.

• michelle16
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I would say 8 and a half ". Mine is a total of 5 3/4, and I have the top crown part and that flat part like the picture, but then the picture has another peice at bottom that appears to be at least 3".

• blackchamois
    11 years ago

michelle16 - I did notice it said lavendar in that thread, but I don't see ANY in the pic! Edgecomb Gray sounds great!Interested to hear what your designer say and what you end up going with! It's going to look amazing!

I had been planning on doing white cabs, but after seeing this pic I am totally rethinking that!

• blackchamois
    11 years ago

Hi Michelle, I am dying to know what you decided on for your cabinet color and wall paint. Is your final the Stone Harbor and Edgecomb Gray? You have inspired me to consider gray cabs instead of white! Decisions decisions! Thanks!

• michelle16
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi BlackCamois, yes I have decided on white dove for L shaped perimeters and island, stone harbor grey for one wall of cabinetry, I also have a half wall in my kitchen that overlooks my familyroom, that has wood cabinets with a glaze. He is doing a sample door for me, so as long as it looks good I will go with that.And yes I think edgecomb gray for walls because it doesn't compete with the gray, and there is enough of a contrast from teh white dove. I will keep u posted, working on harware right now, next light fixtures!Michelle