Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wood counter top pricing?

Posted by Pattyjill (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 16, 13 at 15:17

I love the look of a dark walnut bar top for my kitchen but don't want to get too excited until I figure it in the budget. Does anyone know the pricing per square ft on say a 2" thick walnut counter?

TIA
Patty

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wood counter top pricing?

Price is just one factor. Shipping can be significant. Finding a fabricator within a few hundred miles will save on the freight.
I ordered from these folks three times, they make a nice wood top, and they are very accommodating.
Casey

Here is a link that might be useful: Hardwoodlumber.com

o

You can also easily figure it out, including shipping, at craft-art:

Here is a link that might be useful: craft-art diy pricing

o

I looked at Craft Art also but found other places as well. Like mongrel said, shipping can be high. One quote I got was $250ish. Which seemed high as it was just coming from the state next door. I am in Ohio for example.

If you say where you are you may get some ideas of more local places.

o

You can get an online quote from cafecountertops.com, which is where we ordered our 82 inch by 52 inch 40 mm (1.58 inch) thick walnut island top. We worked through a local lumber company for a number of reasons, but the wholesaler will email you a quote based on specs you input.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cafe Countertops

o

I built my own tops, but ordered the 2-1/4" thick Mesquite material from William Rogers, absolutely gorgeous!
I would imagine all their other species are just as nice...

Here is a link that might be useful: Custom wood countertops

This post was edited by ctycdm on Mon, Jun 17, 13 at 9:44

o

You could also talk to local cabinetmakers and woodworkers. They can usually get anything you need lumber wise. You will also most likely save quite a bit of money since you wouldn't be paying for overhead or shipping.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here