Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
new_to_sc

Dolode's Finished White Kitchen Pics

new_to_sc
11 years ago

We've been finished with our kitchen remodel for about three months already - my how time flies! It was mostly a good experience but the overwhelming best part about the process was GardenWeb. It has been so much fun exploring your kitchens; reading about the products you love; asking you questions about your experiences; and just enjoying this great discussion board. Many of my decisions have been because of information posted here - Silgranit sink, cabinet drawers, Blue Star range, and on and on. So thank you to all who participate in this forum!

The pictures really don't do it justice. Even with extra lights in the middle of the day, the pictures still look a bit dark. But I think you'll get the idea.

This was what our kitchen looked like when we moved into our house nine years ago. They loved their wallpaper!

This is our kitchen right before demolition.

View from the family room.

And finally, the new kitchen!

Looking into the family room. We took that 1/2 wall down and all the soffits in the ceiling.

Used my old island stools, just recovered with a new fabric that coordinated with the window fabric.

The Blue Star french door oven. It's got a little plaque on it that says it was made especially for my DH (he does all the cooking)!

I absolutely love our granite! It's White Alaska and none of the pictures do it justice. There is so much happening in this stone.

I didn't think I could love a sink as much as I do this Blanco Silgranit in Truffle. Will never go back to a divided sink again.

As for the details, here they are:

Details/Specifications for Kitchen Remodel

Cabinets:

* Shiloh Maple with Soft White paint

* Shiloh Maple with Sable stain and Van Dyke glaze

* Hardware is Amerock in Weathered Nickel on perimeter and Top Knobs Aspen in Medium Bonze on island

Appliances:

* Blue Star RNB 36" Range in Enchanted Silver. Precious metal Collection

* Miele Futura Dimension Plus Dishwasher G5775SCSF

* Samsung Cabinet Depth French Door Refrigerator RFG237AARS

* Sharp 24" Microwave Drawer

* Ancona Rapido Chef 900 CFM Range Hood

Granite is Alaska White w/standard edge on perimeter and hutch and ogee on island.

Light fixture above table is Stonegate Designs Classique Semi-flush in White Linen w/Polished Nickel and above island is Argento Bell Pendants by Corbett Lighting

Sink is Blanco Silgranite in Truffle

Allegro E Kitchen Faucet in steel optik

Backsplash is Sonoma Stellar in Milky Way 3x6 subway and 1X2 Arch Herringbone in Stellar Milky Way

Paint Colors:

* Kitchen and Family Room Stonington Gray BM HC-170

* Family Room Accent Color Split Pea BM 2146-30

* Trim is custom

* Floor is stained Provincial

Comments (42)

• gr8daygw
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Wow!!! That is some transformation! It looks amazing. I love your granite~ white Alaska being one of my favorites! Great job, it's beautiful!

• blackchamois
    11 years ago

Great job Dolode! I am blown away by all the beautiful kitchens here on GW. Everyone is SOOOO talented and creative!

I can see why you love your sink! It's awesome! I also love the basket weave accent above the range!

In the photo's the Stonington Gray comes across as a blue-ish gray. Is it like that in person? I am looking for a blue-ish gray for my bedroom and was considering Stonington.

Fantastic kitchen!

• abctate
    11 years ago

BEAUTIFUL!!!! What a wonderful cheery change! I love your granite! And the pop of color on the chairs is perfect! Also love your backsplash. When can you get DH to come over and cook for us?

• rosie
    11 years ago

What a transformation is right. I love the energy going lighter adds to the whole room, and the way the light and wood surfaces now set each other off. Very nice job!

• schoolhouse_gw
    11 years ago

Mmmmmmm...yum.

• sanjuangirl
    11 years ago

Congratulations! Can't begin to start to tell you how much I love your Kitchen! Taking out the soffits made a huge change. What was in them? I have almost the exact same lay out and soffits but don't think we can take them out since the duct work is in there for the heating and air.( could take them out but can't afford to)
    The backsplash is magnificent and the hutch, fab, the microwave is cool in the island and the hood and great range make for a beautiful focal point. Thank you for sharing!

• sanjuangirl
    11 years ago

Forgot to say how awesome your granite is! Love the sink with it, it blends together beautifully.

• dilly_ny
    11 years ago

So nice! Love your huge pantry and pendants especially. Enjoy!

• onedogedie
    11 years ago

That looks like a mostly aesthetic remodel. I thank heavens that my kitchen is so non functional, and really non-existent, that I am not forced to live with it as I would be if suddenly given your pre-renovation kitchen. Oh the giggles you will always have remembering your wine wallpaper! Congratulations on your beautiful new kitchen.

• onedogedie
    11 years ago

I just absorbed the fact that the wine wallpaper is along the room divide. I thought you had pasted a closeup of the wallpaper over the far kitchen wall. Goodness, they did love their wallpaper!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Wow! What a transition. You and DH are going to love your new kitchen!! My DH is now warming up to our new kitchen - but I don't hold much hope for him to start cooking or baking...

• blfenton
    11 years ago

What a huge change! It just looks so much bigger and brighter. The sink and granite are beautiful and look greater together.

• modern_mom35
    11 years ago

Flawless! You did an amazing job. I love that shallow broom closet. What a smart use of space!

• tea4all
    11 years ago

Nicely done! Your pictures really show the wonderful storage you have. I love the step stool cupboard and of course the pantry and vertical pan storage. Your hutch on the left wall is gorgeous. I'm bookmarking your kitchen because you've done so many things I would like to incorporate into my remodel. Love your sink/ faucet/ and granite too. Wow!

• new_to_sc
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks so much everyone.

BlackChamois..you are correct in that the BM Stonington Gray does have a blue hue to it. When it first went on I wasn't that happy with it because nothing else in the kitchen is blue. But it has grown on me. If you are looking for a grey with a blue tone, I think you'd be happy with this color.

sanjuangirl ...first thank you for your kind comments. It's thrilling for me to have someone like my kitchen the way I have loved so many others on here. We weren't sure what we were going to get when we opened the soffits either. There was some minor plumbing that had to be rerouted under the sink because we didn't have any crown moulding above the sink window and there was a little bit of electrical but everything could be covered by the crown. DH says that the chance of there being HVAC stuff up there is rare. Good luck!

tea4all..someone is bookmarking my kitchen!!!??? That is so exciting.

Thanks to all who made such nice comments. It means a lot!

• gardenamy
    11 years ago

Dolode - Absolutely beautiful! I have white alaska as well, and yes, photos do not do it justice. Love it all! Pendants are great. So open and inviting!!!

• Linda
    11 years ago

That is absolutely gorgous! I have pinned a lot of your photos to my Pinterest/Houzz for inspiration pictures. But, just have to ask, are you SURE that you don't miss that border?? LOL!

• smiling
    11 years ago

What a marvelous transformation! It doesn't even look like the same room. I scrolled up and down, up and down, enjoying all the beautiful changes. Such a pretty and elegant room, so inviting. Love the range and french door oven! Gorgeous granite, all your colors highlight it so well. Thanks, too, for the peek inside the cupboards, esp. the stepstool one.

• go_figure
    11 years ago

Thank you for posting Dolode ! Absolutely inspirational. Bet you are soo happy!! Congrats!

Thanks also for listing all the details

• deedles
    11 years ago

You wouldn't even guess it was the same space, really. Gorgeous... very nicely done.
    Love the stove, too!

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

I love me a gorgeous white kitchen!

It is awesome! Everything is perfect.

Enjoy it!

• Eyegirlie
    11 years ago

Oh my goodness, it's gorgeous!! Love love love your kitchen! Fabulous job creating such a beautiful kitchen!

• brianadarnell
    11 years ago

Lovely! So happy that it is finally finished. Love the paint color you selected and the fabric on the window. Enjoy!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

Looks absolutely fabulous...love the counter tops. Great job!

• RockportMA
    11 years ago

Gorgeous kitchen! I too am bookmarking these pictures. Even though we're almost done I'm trying to figure how I can work in that broom closet!

• caminnc
    11 years ago

Love it all but especially love the lights over your island.

• hellonasty
    11 years ago

Congratulations on your beautiful new kitchen! Man you must be so happy now! Looks so much better without the soffits and room divider. Much bigger! Love your sink and am droooooooling over the BS range! Awesome color. Love those French Doors. Enjoy!!

• thynes1501
    11 years ago

What a fantastic transformation Dolode...! Many really nice touches that led to an awesome finished product, from the substantial crown mouldings to the finished end panels, to those incredible island pendants. Are they as shiny and sparkly as they appear in the pictures?

I think I recognize Robert Allen's Sperling Iris fabric in your roman blinds. We used the same fabric in Geranium for our blinds and recovered existing stools in a complementary fabric as well...!

• thynes1501
    11 years ago

What a fantastic transformation Dolode...! Many really nice touches that led to an awesome finished product, from the substantial crown mouldings to the finished end panels, to those incredible island pendants. Are they as shiny and sparkly as they appear in the pictures?

I think I recognize Robert Allen's Sperling Iris fabric in your roman blinds. We used the same fabric in Geranium for our blinds and recovered existing stools in a complementary fabric as well...!

• thynes1501
    11 years ago

Loved Dolode's kitchen so much, I just had to praise it twice! ;)

Sorry for the double post. I messed up somewhere...

• nap101
    11 years ago

Lovely job. I'm eyeing the fact that the bottom drawers don't have the inset but the doors do. I like the subtle difference. I may have to copy that idea!

And I'm lusting after your knobs and pulls. Perfect blend.

• nap101
    11 years ago

Lovely job. I'm eyeing the fact that the bottom drawers don't have the inset but the doors do. I like the subtle difference. I may have to copy that idea!

And I'm lusting after your knobs and pulls. Perfect blend.

• new_to_sc
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh...and yes, the pendants are sparkly and shiny - they are mercury glass. They were one of the first things I picked out and even though some people told me they were too big for my island, I went with them anyway. And I'm so glad I did. They may be my favorite touch in the kitchen.

• jentrex
    11 years ago

Congratulations! Everything is beautiful. You did a nice job. I even like the fabric on your roman shade.

• zenamidievel
    11 years ago

I absolutely love your kitchen. The pendant lights are so pretty and I love the granite!

• steph2000
    11 years ago

What an amazing transformation. THIS is why I love white kitchens. The before and afters are amazing - the kitchen looks so much lighter and bigger! Taking out that halfwall was also a great update. Congratulations on your beautiful - and highly functional - kitchen.

Do you mind if I ask about your undercabinet lighting? It seems really low profile.

• gardenamy
    11 years ago

Dolode - Can you please state where you purchased the fabric from. Many thanks!

• new_to_sc
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Steph...the undercabinet lighting was from GM Lighting. I put a link to the ones we purchased but they have several different options and several different color temperatures. We're really happy with them and you are correct...they are really low profile. You don't see them at all!

Here is a link that might be useful: GM Lighting

• new_to_sc
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Gardenamy...I had the roman shades made by a local store but they matched the price I was able to get online so I didn't actually purchase the window fabric directly. I did purchase the fabric for the stools from Online Fabric Stores. It arrived really quickly and the fabric was in perfect condition. They have a great selection, free shipping over $50 and fabric samples for a nominal price. I would definitely recommend them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Online Fabric Store

• tnv_159
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

became much better. very light and stylish! You big fellows. also we plan our dark kitchen to make the color of ivory.By the way, I liked the valve. My friend bought a month ago in a similar in houseofenki.comYou, too, there were taken? How is the quality? too happy?

• dfnj
    5 years ago

How do you like using the french door ovens? Do you prefer it over the traditional door?