Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deb52899

Beagles - outlets?

Debbi Branka
11 years ago

Beagles,

First I have to say I have such kitchen envy when I look at your space. Ok, I have entire HOUSE ENVY! That is the most beautiful EVERYTHING I have ever seen. I just looked through your Flicker album all over again, just to drool! I've looked and looked on your island and don't see where there are outlets. Where are they and how did you disguise them? I saw one in a bathroom drawer - cool idea! But on that one, where are the wires behind that one? When you open the drawer, doesn't the wire behind come with it? How does that work too? I so want that bathtub (and shower) with the beautiful blue tile and stone around the edge and . . . Do I remember correctly that you're in Pennsylvania? Are these like $5M homes there in your neighborhood?? So beautiful!

Comments (2)

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    11 years ago

Thanks for the kind words deb52899. Our neighborhood definitely doesn't have a bunch of $5M homes, LOL. I am not sure if there are any houses that cost that much anywhere in this entire region! Our neighborhood is really cool though- it is on 204 acres on the site of an old historic hotel and they are only developing 54 acres, the rest is woods, trails and a community pond and activity areas. We love it here. Right now, there are only five houses in the whole area including ours (although there are other lots for sale). There are wood sculptures everywhere made by a local artist, all the street signs have little carved birds or squirrels on them and the dogs can drink from streams as we walk through the neighborhood on their morning walk!

Anyway, on to your actual question :)
    Here are my island outlets. They are under the overhang of the granite. Remember, my kitchen was designed for form over function and I won't ever plug things in so I didn't care that they really aren't accessible (except for people who want to sit at the island and plug in laptops, which is what they'll be used for, if they are used at all)

Here is how we hid outlets on the sink wall:

And here is how we hid them on the cooktop wall since there was no upper cabinets for them to go under (only pot racks)

You cannot see them at all when you are just a little further away. The wood piece is stuck on with magnets that are over the top of the outlet

Finally, here is the wire to the bathroom plug. I don't know how they did it, but the drawer moves seamlessly in and out and you cannot tell at all that there's a wire or plug back there when you open and close it (unless you stick your iPhone camera in there and take a picture, LOL)

Also, I don't think the flickr has all of the updated pics- the blog is a better place to look :)

• Debbi Branka
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you so much Beagles! I love the magnet idea for the outlet covers by the stove. Very ingenious! Our kitchen is done, altough one more outlet on the island may be in the future. Some day we plan on redoing the master bath. I was to keep the bathroom outlet idea in mind. Thanks for the blog link. I'm going to go look at that and drool some more.

Your neighborhood sounds amazing!