Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
did you direct wire led ucl from environmentallights?

Posted by Ashe42 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 4, 13 at 15:00

We're searching for more affordable LED UCLs and EnvironmentalLights light bars sound as they fit the bill--I had a brief conversation (bad connection) and was told that they can be direct wired or plug and play.

The wiring for direct wire is already in (which is when I belatedly found out that the electrician's choice would cost $1400 for the lights alone....oh, my lack of planning is catching up!!). Has anyone used the light bars, did you DW them and do you like them? I like that they're ultra thin and apparently dimmable. And affordable. Did I mention affordable?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: did you direct wire led ucl from environmentallights?

Hello,

yes, we have the dimmable LED light bars from Environmental lights, and they are direct wired. We went with the warm white LED and LOVE them!! Environmental Lights are wonderful to work with and they will help you put together what you need. I have nothing but positive to say about the lights and the company.

Elaine

o

Thanks mom--that's very encouraging. I have no idea what I'm doing so I'm just floundering around here!!

o

I'm interested to hear this, too. I've been debating between those and these:

http://inspiredled.com/Shop-by-Project/kitchen-lighting

How does environmental lights compare, price-wise?

Here is a link that might be useful: Another UCL option recommended on the lighting forum

o

Mine should be put up this week, will let you know. So far they have been great to work with.

If you go with them, send a plan and they will spec out your needed parts. Sign up for the newsletter and they send a 10% off your order coupon.

o

I'll let you know--not sure yet. Haven't looked at inspired LED; can't make head or tail of the website. Can you direct wire them? Have you compared the costs for your set-up?

I'm really useless at all this. I didn't give it a thought when I airily told the builder I wanted UCLs--assumed it was a simple and cheap choice. Hahahahahaha....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here