Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brightm

Silgranit Super Single, placement of...

brightm
9 years ago

My Silgranit Diamond Super Single will be centered under a 52" window. I'm looking forward to the sink finally being centered.

I'm sure I want the single, pullout faucet centered since the sink will be centered, even though the drain is off to the right. Right? I will now have an air switch (that's the right name for the garbage disposal button, right?). I don't think I need an air gap with a new Miele DW. I am still undecided about a soap dispenser...I've honestly never used one. I always have had a pump on the counter.

Question: Where do I place all the elements? (particularly if I opt for a soap dispenser)

ETA: Pictures welcome! :)

Extra info: My current cast iron single bowl is 25"w and about 3" of the sink sticks over to the left of the center of the window. When I changed out the faucet several years ago, I decided that since it wasn't centered, I wouldn't center the faucet in the available holes either. There are 4 holes in the sink and they go, from left to right: air gap, plug/filler, faucet, handle.

This post was edited by cal_quail on Thu, Jun 26, 14 at 15:23

Comments (6)

• PhoneLady
    9 years ago

Here's mine. Sink centered on window and cabinet base. Faucet centered on sink and in alignment with logo below. R/o faucet to the right. The soap bottle is covering the hole for the matching Moen soap dispenser that should be here soon. I like things spread out a little vs clustered too closely. There a definite pro and con groups for soap dispensers. Obviously I am in the pro camp!

• christina222_gw
    9 years ago

Mine is set up exactly like PhoneLady's but reversed, water on the left, soap on the right. I too am pro soap dispenser. I hate a soap bottle on the counter and in my house for some reason no one ever put it back under the sink so it sat there.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    9 years ago

Liquid soap dribbling down a bottle and setting under it will tear up a granite countertop eventually. Put in a soap dispenser with the tip overhanging the sink a tad.

• illinigirl
    9 years ago

I set mine up with all the holes on the right side of a centered faucet. So faucet in center, soap dispenser (with Never MT) on middle right, then air switch on far right.

I have the Blanco Super Single Diamond with offset drain (in rear right corner)

• breezygirl
    9 years ago

Here's my set up. Blanco super single metallic silver silgranit (love both my silgranits more than I can say). Soap dispenser (love this also) to the left. Disposal air switch (so much better than wall switch) on the right. I have replaced this Kenmore DW with a Miele since this photo was taken.

• ricksrb4
    8 years ago

Breezygirl, can you send me the window dimensions? I've been 'designing' my kitchen over a decade and now I am loosing sleep over the window/sink/base setup and the guys I am paying think it isn't a big deal. I am removing my corner sink because I really hate that only one person can work at a time on the little space on the side (otherwise love the space it allows behind and inside and have learned it is a better use of space). The goal is to make room on the left corner for 2 people, meaning my sink would be more to the right than yours so 2 people could stand there between sink and cooktop on left.. That said, I loose very valuable cabinet space as everything moves right. Can't move too far because the drain stuff is on the left wall. Originally I wanted a pass thru window, but if it was symmetrical, the window would have to be about 70" with added 10" for clearance. No room even if I put sink on the right half. Too big of a window. I am now looking into a triple sectioned with the sink on the middle, and giving up my much wanted past thru. With the cabinet being 36 inches (yours is, right?), is that the size of your center? how about the sides? End to end? Ha Ha, to make matters worse, I am insisting on keeping my pot rack. It helps with much needed storage space. Currently it fits wonderfully over the corner sink (a plus) but will be trickier over the wall sink. I was supposed to have measurements to the guys last week. A week later and I am still at a 'no solution' point holding up the start.