Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rufinorox

backsplash in process ... looking good?

rufinorox
13 years ago

Finally ... we're in the process of installing the backsplash. Here are a few pictures. We're almost done!

Comments (25)

• eastbaymom
    13 years ago

Absolutely!

I love the color combinations, and the spacer clips look like they are doing their job well.

How did all that get up on the wall and the countertop stayed so brand-spanking-new?

Hope the home stretch stays smooth.

• ladyamity
    13 years ago

Oh wow....how beautiful is that!?!

Just that little bit of 'jewelry sparkle' adds just enough to give the BS understated elegance.
    Love it!

Where do you all get your spectacular BS ideas?
    I'm afraid when it comes time, I am just going to copy one or more of your BS patterns/ideas and hope you all consider it a compliment. :)

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thank you! eastbay mom - our "friend contractor" is a neat freak.

amity - believe me the BS is the toughest decision, but I wanted simplicy with a little color. I got alot of my ideas from this site and thanks to everyone! I loved the glass tile, but knew I didn't want it all over. I decided to add all glass to the back of the stove, its not much but it will give it a sparkle.... and YES I would consider it a compliment if anyone used my idea, though there are alot of great kitchen out there.

Here's another ....

and the stove is next

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

here's part of the backsplash behind the stove we ran out of glass since this wasn't our original plan.

• sammiecanada
    13 years ago

It looks great and the little added touch to behind the stove will just set it off even nicer...can hardly wait to see the final photos!

• remodelfla
    13 years ago

Wonderful wonderful match... I love it!

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thank you!

sammiecanada - the glass behind the stove was was a last minute decision. I'm hoping its not going to bee too much.

• brickton
    13 years ago

I really like the main pattern with the stripe of the shiny glass tiles. Are you using honed marble subway or is it a marble like ceramic? It's really nice either way.

• chris45ny
    13 years ago

LOVE the area behind the stove!! Whoever is doing the backsplash is doing an awesome job. Everything is coming together so perfectly!!

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

brickton - its a porcleain tile to look like carrera marble... less expensive! It has a matte finish.

Our friend (along with the assistance of my DH he did cut some tile) is doing the backsplash, actually he's transformed this entire kitchen to what it is today. He's amazing and its his trade. We're lucky!

• november
    13 years ago

Wow - it looks amazing! And I'm thrilled to see it because we're having something very similar installed next week (I hope - if the tile comes in...) Congrats on a really great job. Your color choices are lovely.

• jsweenc
    13 years ago

Gorgeous! That's all I have to say, except I can't wait to see it finished!

• jb1176
    13 years ago

As with everything you have done, this too is beautiful. When you are all finished please share all the details and post on FKB. You have a very good eye for what works together.

• steelerfan_2010
    13 years ago

Love your backsplash! The glass is just the right touch and is a nice compliment to the granite.

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

As I mentioned this website has been very helpful. I was concerned the color of glass choice was going to be too matchy, however I think it works for us.

November - its exactly what I was doing throughtout my entire process. There were some kitchen designs on this web that made me change my mind last minute. There are alot of great eyes out there, I'm glad mine worked for us.

I should have all the details off by the end of the week. At least I hope so we're having our first party just intime for the reveal next weekend!

To those of you have followed my progress throughtout this kitchen renovation, thank you for your support and opinions.

• doraville
    13 years ago

Perfect! Have a great party!

• gsciencechick
    13 years ago

Looks really great together! Nothing like a party to give incentive to finish!

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes this is true... we planned this party out a long time ago, so its finally coming together and should be done. Glass tile should be delivered tomorrow and grout will go up as well. The FINAL reveal should be coming soon... just need that corner cabinet for the sunroom.

• kmsparty
    13 years ago

Beautiful! I love how you used the glass as an accent. I am planning something similar but haven't gotten to picking out all the tile yet. Just the accent tile.
    When you mentioned doing all glass behind the stove I thought that might be a little much for me as I tend to like very simple and understated. But when I saw the pic, all I can say is WOW! Just love it! Saving this post to my clippings!

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

kmsparty - THANK YOU! Trust me it took me the entire demo/renovation to figure out what tile I wanted. I order samples and samples of glass tile, honestly must have spent $$$ on samples, until I found this one at a local store along with the carrera subway. Until when I was ready to order they were out of stock of the glass, so I ordered one last sample from glasstileoasis.com and found this tile. I have to say I probably went with my second or third choice of tile. I have enough samples to cover my sink area in our basement, which is another project.

The FINAL pictures will be posted this week!

• cat_mom
    13 years ago

It all looks great together!

• jsweenc
    13 years ago

Um, ruf, it's almost not THIS week any more! Last workday has finished. Any progress? Can't wait to see the whole thing!

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

jsweenc - I know I know .... its always something. I was waiting on the remiander of the glass tile we needed. I got that in the mail and of course another delay. Our friend was not available as we had expected this week, he swears he's coming Sunday. I promise will post as soon as its completed. Thank you for your interest.

• techmom1
    13 years ago

rufinorox - I love the glass tile over the stove! It's looking fabulous - can't wait to see the finished pics (and I'm sure you can't wait to have it finished!!)
    techmom

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

here are the final pictures of the kitchen.

thanks to all for your support!

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida