Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Paint question: Sherwin Williams Rainwashed

Posted by southernmum (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 2, 13 at 14:35

Hello All - this is kind of a kitchen question, kind of not. My new house has a very open kitchen/family room plan. The kitchen and breakfast area is going to be painted BM Revere Pewter. (white cabinets with a walnut island.) The vaulted family room adjoins kitchen and will have white painted bead board (tongue and groove) ceiling. Do you think SW Rainwashed will look to "beachy" for the family room? This is our main entertaining space. My furnishings are warmer earthtones, so I do think they will warm it up. I adore this color, but usually just see it used in bedrooms and baths. Also, I live on a mtn in TN -- no where near the shore! ;) Would love your opinion. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Paint question: Sherwin Williams Rainwashed

Both are cool colors that are difficult to coordinate with "warm" colored furnishing. They look fabulous with white, but not so much warm tans and browns.

The actual light in your home will also GREATLY factor into how they look in your space. There are no absolutes. You MUST paint a large square of drywall and place in in your home to judge how the light affects it during different times of the day. Revere Pewter can look a sickly green gray in some lights and beige out in others. Rainwashed can go baby blue or turquoise green depending on lighting. You have to see what either does in YOUR lighting.

o

Hmmmm..... I've taken boards of painted samples to my new house -- does that count? Haven't painted on drywall, though.

o

I think it will work together well, and I disagree about the coolness of Rainwashed. I just painted our living area and kitchen revere pewter and have sw quietude in my master bedroom, right off of this space. Quietude is one shade darker than rainwashed on the color strip. They blend together nicely. Now that the carpet is in, the quietude looks even more warm than I expected. I think it is a color that is more comfortable with warm tones than cool tones due to the green in it. We did SW tidewater in my girls bedrooms and it is a much cooler color that wouldn't work with your furniture. I think your choices will work well. Depending on the layout, you may even be able to use quietude instead of the rainwashed. Here's a few pics of the quietude.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Here is looking into the master

Quietude in bath next to warmer tone tile

o

Momto3 kiddos, I love it! Your house looks beautiful!! Thanks for posting here -- and I will now consider Quietude, it looks very soothing but warm. Many thanks!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here