Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kristen_hallock

Do you love your soap dispenser?

Kristen Hallock
10 years ago

I need to purchase 2 soap dispensers. Do you always buy the same brand as your faucet?

I had a Grohe in my last house and it was about $140 new and stopped working after 1 year. They did send me a new one though, which I thought was great. But now I am wondering, should I get Grohe again? Or should I go with a different brand? I would like something less expensive, but I will pay the $140 for the Grohe XL one if thats what I need to do.

Just wanted to get some other opinions on brands. I need a stainless finish.

Comments (23)

• willtv
    10 years ago

We needed a soap dispenser with a long reach, so we chose a Danze & hooked it up to a Never-MT system.
    It works well.
    If I could change one thing, I would have it dispense more soap per pump.
    Other than that, we're 2+ years in and so far no problems.

• SparklingWater
    10 years ago

khallock, while I bought a Blanco sink and faucet (to be installed tomorrow), I nixed their soap dispenser. As yourself, I wanted one with good reviews for function, minimum pumping and looks. There were two that seemed to also pop up on reviews. I went ahead a bought the Moen 3942 Soap Dispenser, color matched to satin nickel. I called Moen customer service and they guided me to the right match (their classic, which is brushed like the nickel and which in good light, does go well with the Blanco faucet.

I've linked the Moen I bought. Good luck to you.

Here is a link that might be useful: moen soap dispensor

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Waterstone and NeverMT- the NeverMT thanks to Holly-Kaye!
    Love it!!!
    OK - the soap pump is only a year old and the NeverMT is only a month old...

• Kristen Hallock
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sparkling Water - I love that one you posted! And $55 is a steal compared to the $140 Grohe I was going to get. Now I just dont know what color to buy. My Grohe faucet is the RealSteel finish I think. But it looks like Stainless to me.

• Madeline616
    10 years ago

Hansgrohe makes excellent dispensers.

You absolutely don't need to buy the same brand as your faucet, as long as the finishes basically match and the styles work together (if they're not a perfect match, you're the only person who will ever notice).

I had a Delta at the prep sink and a Hansgrohe at the main sink. The Delta went after a year, and I replaced it with a second Hansgrohe.

I use it with a never MT and it works well, but I do use EO all purpose soap, which is very thick. When I primed the Never MT, soap got into the spring mechanism that helps the pump to do it's pumping. This has caused some sticking of the pump and I'm not sure how to resolve it.

Again, though, I think that it happened because my soap is a really thick consistency, not ideal for pump dispensers.

Hansgrohe dispensers are well-made and reliable in my experience.

• SparklingWater
    10 years ago

Mizlizzie-237 pumps. Only good thing coming from that is your small and large muscle arm muscle workout. Yes, I did not read good reviews of the Blanco.

khallock: peeking at the Grohe Reel Steel Stainless finish, it seems Grohe is pointing out the stainless is made from real steel, not coated. Moen customer service was more than helpful in helping color match to the soap dispenser. Maybe a call to them?

• Kristen Hallock
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sparkling Water - I did email Grohe, you are right, it is a real steel finish and not a painted on finish. Does that mean that something with a "Stainless Steel" finish will match? Sounds like it, huh?

Moen is confusing because it has 3 stainless finishes. Class, regular and then the spot resist. Its still hard to know which one to choose.

• texasgal47
    10 years ago

My soap/lotion dispenser is the Franke, Model #902, in satin nickel (SN), and I love it. It consistently dispenses just the right amount of liquid detergent, never clogs, and the SN never shows finger prints. It has been in use in my kitchen for almost two years, has been problem free, and still looks like new. I believe it retails for around $118.

• Gracie
    10 years ago

I have the Kohler 1895. It sells for $65 in stainless. It's been working flawlessly for a year. We've used three different hand and dish soaps in it so far and it needed only a few pumps to adjust to the different consistencies. It has a 16 oz. top-fill bottle, so I haven't felt the need to buy a NeverMT.

Here is a link that might be useful: soap dispenser

• cathy725
    10 years ago

I have a Kohler 1895 like may_flowers and several Kohler 1983's and all are working perfectly. I have them all attached to NeverMT's and all are working great!

• SparklingWater
    10 years ago

Moen's soap dispenser in Classic and spot resistant are one and the same, except the spot resistant has a lacquer or some other second application over it to keep it from water spots. I got the Classic as it was brushed close enough to match my Satin Nickel faucet. I can't recall what the "regular" Moen color is. I'd call Moen customer service and ask them which is closest to stainless steel.

• mudworm
    10 years ago

Deeply disappointed with the Hansgrohe soap dispenser (model link is included in the linked thread). It makes a mess. and it always takes multiple pumps (sometime many) if we don't use it for a day.

Taking a clue from another GW thread, I went and bought the generic soap dispenser from Lowes. Sure enough, it works like charm. Out at the first pump after our five day trip, no drip, and no mess. They have limited few different finishes.

Here is a link that might be useful: My bad experience with the dispenser.

• Nicole
    10 years ago

One came with my Delta faucet and we liked it well enough but it suddenly stopped working after about 6 months of use. I emailed Delta and they sent a replacement even though I had long since lost the receipt, but I bought another from Amazon in the meantime and we liked it so much more. It was metal, which the the Delta one was not. It pushes much smoother also. Sorry for the long URL, it's not letting me put it in the bottom for some reason.

http://www.amazon.com/LDR-551-P1200SS-Dispenser-Stainless/dp/B0009VJGC8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372256285&sr=8-1&keywords=soap+lotion+dispenser

• Nicole
    10 years ago

One came with my Delta faucet and we liked it well enough but it suddenly stopped working after about 6 months of use. I emailed Delta and they sent a replacement even though I had long since lost the receipt, but I bought another from Amazon in the meantime and we liked it so much more. It was metal, which the the Delta one was not. It pushes much smoother also. It's not letting me link, but search Amazon for LDR soap dispenser. The chrome is $19 right now and they also have stainless and white.

• Nicole
    10 years ago

One came with my Delta faucet and we liked it well enough but it suddenly stopped working after about 6 months of use. I emailed Delta and they sent a replacement even though I had long since lost the receipt, but I bought another from Amazon in the meantime and we liked it so much more. It was metal, which the the Delta one was not. It pushes much smoother also. It's not letting me link, but search Amazon for LDR soap dispenser. The chrome is $19 right now and they also have stainless and white.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

The plumber just installed my faucet and soap dispenser on Monday and DH hooked up my Never MT that evening. I am loving it! The soap comes out in the perfect amount. Granted it is still very new but since A2 has had one for a year and it is still working great I am counting on loving mine as much a year from now.

• toytheatre13
    10 years ago

I have a Hansgrohe faucet from Costco in steel optik finish and a Rohl Luxury in Brushed Nickel. Thinking of getting the Moen 3942. Which finish Moen should I get?

• toytheatre13
    10 years ago

I have a Hansgrohe faucet from Costco in steel optik finish and a Rohl Luxury in Brushed Nickel. Thinking of getting the Moen 3942. Which finish Moen should I get?

• toytheatre13
    10 years ago

Oops It was a Rohl Luxury in Satin Nickel not brushed!

• olivertwistkitchen
    10 years ago

We have the Kohler KâÂÂ1995 which matches our Kohler Karbon really well. It's nice looking, has a good reach, but it is hard to pump.

• toytheatre13
    10 years ago

Oops It was a Rohl Luxury in Satin Nickel not brushed!

• kylady7
    10 years ago

Does anyone have one in oil rubbed bronze ..Or..Venetian Bronze? If so what is the make and model and do you like it? Also for those that have it....do you feel it's a Must?
    I have ordered a beautiful oil rubbed bronze soap container to sit on the counter top...but after seeing this thread...Thought it might be better to get one to go with my Faucet and water filter faucet.

This post was edited by calyle7 on Sat, Aug 31, 13 at 16:50

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living