Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jwvideo

Kohler honors faucet warranties

jwvideo
9 years ago

The spray head on my 4-year old Kohler model R10412 kitchen faucet started dribbling out the gasket under the squeeze-handle/valve. (This is one of the single handled faucets with a separate sprayer.) I knew Kohler had a lifetime warranty on the ceramic cartridge in the faucet, but I didn't realize that the lifetime warranty also covered the spray head. I had a generic replacement in my stock of old parts, but that one dribbled from the spray nozzle. and the ones at the hardware store didn't look good. An online search showed several different Kohler spray-heads were used with my model. Confused, I called Kohler customer support. They told me exactly what I needed and then asked for my address. I'm thinking, "Oh great, now they want to send me junk mail." Instead, they wanted to send me a replacement sprayhead and hose. Turns out that the sprayer is under the same lifetime warranty as the faucet cartridge. As are other parts such as the "o" rings and swivel bearings in the pivoting base of the facuet. A new sprayer unit arrived in about 3 business days, and they paid the shipping.

I'm posting this because I've read so many tales of warranty woe that it is good to find warranties cheerfully honored with good service, to boot.

Comments (6)