Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fun thread: What is your current kitchen related obsession?

Posted by GWlolo (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 18, 13 at 14:29

Thought it would be fun to see what kitchen related thing that folks are obsessing about. Thanks to GW, I am mulling over Vitamix 750 or 6300 :). Internet makes it too tempting to immerse oneself in researching the latest obsession!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fun thread: What is your current kitchen related obsession?

Sinks and faucets, faucets and sinks. I went from "this will be easy, it's a darn faucet/sink" to obsessive poring over Houzz, any/all manufacturers sites and every possible GW search. Spouse has no opinion and doesn't want to be drawn into this particular vortex of indecision, so I'm on my own....

o

Stainless steel countertops with a 2" integral backsplash so there is no back corner seam.--and how to fabricate these in my next kitchen.

o

Countertops. We're going to have granite - not solid surface or the laminate that we've always had, but granite! I'm intrigued and amazed by it! We have a terrific stone yard in our small town - don't have much else here (population 3200!), but we have this amazing stone place that sells to retailers across the region. By going directly to them, we have an amazing selection and excellent prices.

As we get closer to installation, I'm going to be going to ebay to look at hardware. I'm not sure if we'll do wildlife in honor of our wildlife "neighbors" or something like rusted iron pulls to go with our log house.

o

I have two: a Kitchenaid stand mixer and soapstone countertops.

The mixer has been won on ebay and will soon arrive as a Father's Day gift. The first thing I am going to make is homemade marshmallows.

The soapstone is a longer range got to save for it goal. I have it picked out and know where I am going for it, have a chunk I have abused.

I have researched both in great depth. This board is an expensive influence.

o

Currently - schedule.

We are in the "waiting for others" stage - demo is complete; initial electrical work is done. Tomorrow the floor will be prepped; Thursday the drywall guy starts; Friday the cabinet make comes over to take final measurements before he starts to build. I'm waiting for the drywall to be done so I can paint; then I'll be waiting for Cabinet Install Day (July 15).

I have, however, obsessed over practically every decision: sink, faucet, range hood, door pulls, paint color, fridge (it's the only appliance we're replacing). Luckily I've had enough time to concentrate on one item at a time, and devote full attention to it.

o

backsplash. Aimlessly searching for what I don't even know. Sigh.

o

Oh, my immediate answer was so modest until I read stainless steel counters. I want. In the meantime, a good pressure cooker. They're back in style and everyone's passing around recipes.

o

Backsplash - I am in hell

o

thedork: I'm right there with you!

o

A ceiling. Ours got torn out after our washer overflowed.

o

Pal--I've got a guy. And he's cheap. Let me know if you want details.

My latest obsession: A coffee pot that works. Mine is a Keurig, it's hit or miss these days. It's in coffee maker hospice I'm afraid.

o

Yeah. Backsplashes. Ugh. Are they necessary if a good, washable paint is used? Our sink will be open to the rest of the house - on a peninsula. So no bs there, no matter what. But are backsplashes necessary? From what I've read, they add interest and drama - maybe we have enough drama with the log house, great cabinets, and countertop. I dunno.

o

rosie-

Do you have a source for good, tried and true pressure cooker recipes? I bought a Fagor brand a few years back and have been very pleased with it.

o

Coffee. I was reminded by Bee's post. Pre-renovation, we drank drip made with a Capresso and we bought ground coffee. Despite cleaning, the coffee was just ok.

Dial forward to post-renovation. Coffee life is different now and we have turned into coffee geeks. We have nespressos every weekday morning which we really love. On weekends, we grind (or rather, I grind) coffee for our French press. I actually use a manual coffee grinder because I didn't want yet another electric appliance. So I have to work for my coffee.

So I guess coffee is my kitchen-related obsession. However, the Vita Mix is catching up....

o

Gladys, I'm not currently planning a backsplash. I've never had one, and don't feel like I need one now. Of course I may very well change my mind in the future, but for now, it's one less decision to make!

o

Since I'm in the middle of building the house, EVERYthing in the kitchen is an obsession right now!

Mostly, though, I'm looking at sinks, because the size of the sink is going to affect outlet placement. We have a very large window over the sink, and I have to keep the outlet spacing within code. If I can find (and afford) a sink of at least 42", I can put the outlets where I want to.

o

Where are you in the building process, flgargoyle? I was just out at our building site - footings are going into place, I can actually *see* the outline of the house! I *think* the kitchen is done - appliances ordered, cabinets ordered. Need to finalize granite for countertop, also flooring. I'm not too picky about flooring, though - as long as it's durable and easy to clean, I don't care. It'll be a mid grade porcelein tile...I love this house building process, but sometimes I think that I can't make one more decision!

o

Where to start.... paint, the perfect color, then I also have succumbed to BS hell, I need a good toaster, and A2 keeps peaking my interest for a VM. My Rosie, the Neato has yet to be unleashed in her new kingdom as my house is a pathway of cardboard, drop cloths, and mover's quilts. I am also into obsessing over the redecorating of the lving room! Arggggggggh.

o

That's easy for me...it's my Lodge cast iron griddle/grill combo. I am literally using this thing every day, often breakfast and dinner! Pancakes, bacon, eggs, grilled cheese, burgers (the BEST I've ever made), scallops, asparagus, chicken breasts, peppers and onions together, pork chops, steaks and on and on. I don't even bother to use my outdoor gas grill anymore. Just have good ventilation and go for it! It's the best $50.00 I've ever spent. I'm glad I went with a 6-burner vs. built-in griddle or grill. I've attached a picture of my baby, lol!

Also, for those in BS hell, I feel your pain, it's hard to commit! With all of the grease and splatter I like making (with the griddle/grill) I can't imagine paint would hold up well under heavy cooking.

One last obsession with me is also a coffee maker. I started a thread a few weeks ago and the consensus was to get a Mocha Master. It's $300.00 but considering I will use it everyday, and the fact that I hate my existing coffee maker, I'm going to splurge...I just got clearance last night from my dear wife...helloooo Amazon!

Fun thread...more ideas please...I may need a pressure cooker...or a Vitamix!

o

The problem with backsplashes is that I've only seen them with texture. Embossed surfaces, textured tiles, grout lines. A nice semi gloss paint seems *much* easier to clean. Although I tend to not cook messy, splattery things, so maybe a bs - even a very smooth one - would not be necessary?

I don't want to think about these things.A backsplash - and finding someone to install the darned thing (we are serving as our own GCs for this entire project) is beyond my abilities at this point! I know - I'll love the house when it's done, but as the wife of one of our subs commented, I'll probably gain a few gray hairs during this process. I think she's right.

Anyone have some hair dye? :-)

o

This backsplash!

o

It looks gorgeous, but is it smooth?Easy to wipe off with a sponge and a little kitchen cleaner? And what about keeping the grout lines between those adjacent tile clean?

I like a clean kitchen - a clean everything. But *I* am the maid in our family, and I don't want to spend my time cleaning things.

o

I'm literally losing it and it's almost done. I mean I can deal with dangling lights for a while, but really, there are only 4 or 5 pieces of trim that need to be put in, and I don't have three arms. After seeing dh shoot me in the knee with the nail gun, the girls refuse to help lol. Canisters, toaster, and coffeemaker are high on the list of things to find. DH also wants plans for a buffet/breakfast bar/misc. cabinet for the east wall. Like that's ever going to happen, and it's not like he has time to build anything. Looking like Feb. might be the first month with no 16 hour days for dh :/

o

Mine? A billion tiny details that I have to make final decisions on and get things ordered. When it was abstract and "in the future", my decisions seemed so concrete. Now, when I have to pull the trigger, I'm virtually paralyzed! Ah, the money's starting to fly about now.

After the reno is all over, I think I'm going to be obsessing about a Vita-Mix. Never in my life did I think I would need one. You all are proving me wrong. *sigh*

o

we are near the finish line, so I am obsessing over decorative details like the mirror and art work. Also, sadly, our dw panel is not wide enough, so that is our minor frustration at the moment.

o

Layout, all day, every day.

Rosie, I have your answer: Fagor set at Costco online.
Bowyer - big yes to the lodge griddle/grill (no ventilation yet, so we only griddle). I'm very happy with our coffee maker, Cuisinart extreme brew . You need a good grinder, and good beans (I love my costco Capresso infinity, and Jim's organic...BUT the coffee maker and grinder are not aesthetically pleasing together even on my ugly green laminate counter- I'll count on you to find a better solution before my remodel is complete).
GWlolo - great thread! Now please fix my layout issues!
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0516423224298.html?26

Here is a link that might be useful: Costco Fagor pressure cooker set

o

How to make my new kitchen just like the old kitchen I love.

We sold our home of 16 years and are downsizing. Thanks to my intense obsession on GW I was able to choose things quickly and with no mercy.

I currently have on premises or on local hold waiting for install everything listed. Fridge is in, and I have been working on the cabinet pulls.

We move in 22 days.

I have new fridge, gas range (found one with 2 high BTU burners up front in a standard stock model, 600 cfm hood, butcher block island, porcelain tile counters and BS, smaller version of the current sink I love (discontinued; got on Amazon), hansegrohe faucet at Costco (learned about on GW), pendants for island lighting on close out for 19 bucks each-in halogen, new ceiling fan, and cabinet pulls.

I know DH just wants to be settled in. Can't wait! With our current house on the market we have been in limbo since April.

o

Kksmama: thanks for the pressure cooker link. I'll have to look into it. I feel like I'm never going to move into my kitchen. BUT, I'm told the end is near. I'll believe it when I see it :)

o

RKB, I told DH today that I feel I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and the stinker said " Yeah, but it's a train coming right at you". When I got home from the shop we put the new fridge in place and DH actually seemed happy with it (thrilled is not in his vocabulary).

o

Like annkh... schedule. Must be around the same place... total demo done. now the electrical, plumbing, HVAC. final cabinet measurement done and hope instal late July.

Also since remodel kind of big, adding a Nest programable thermostat... or something better!?!?

o

Another one here obsessed with griddling! (is that a word?)
When I ordered my Bluestar, I debated grill vs griddle, and am so happy I went with the griddle. I've come to realize anything that can be grilled, can be griddled, but not vice versa! Besides we are in So Cal and have two outdoor grills just steps from the kitchen that I use all year long. In the four months I've had the Blustar, I've cooked about everything imaginable on the griddle with great results, and find I use my skillets much less than I used to.

o

Roasting our own coffee.

Rosie: I have the Breville Fast Slow Cooker and I'm really happy with it!

o

Most recently I've been obsessing over how to trim the fat and come in some place close to the budget.
I had to say good bye to the travertine floor and we have slate look 12x24 tile that we just installed in a herringbone pattern over last weekend and will grout tomorrow.
Bowyer123 I found the lodge griddle/grill at tjmaxx a couple weeks ago. It is patiently waiting.

o

This reply is to carsonheim.....
Great job on your backsplash which goes so beautifully with your creme de Bordeaux countertop. I looked long and hard for my backsplash to go with this granite. I had to coordinate Saltillo floors as well. Just order fireclay debris series butter toffee. Love your design behind cooktop. Exquisite.
Would you mind telling me about the tile you selected? Thanks so much.

o

thedork: rofl

fagor pressure cooker-- have one, works great, recommend.

Currently obsessed with *please* starting the tear out of the kitchen to be able to start the remodel of the kitchen that I've been obsessed with for almost 2 years.

Also rediscovered my Omega juicer and have resumed juicing anew this past week. Feeling great!

o

Carsoneim do you have a link to the kitchen with the backsplash that you posted abpve? I would love to see more of this kitchen

o

Cabinet handles. We have been living with this kitchen for 10 months now sans handles. Dh wants to kill me, relatives are shocked I haven't picked any out yet, and I still can't make a decision. The ones I fell in love with I am afraid are too long for 3 smaller drawers in the kitchen, and don't come in a smaller size. My second choice is $12 more each and the first ones aren't cheap. So I keep searching and searching not finding ones I like better. These are my first choice.
 photo siro_zpsed22a187.jpg

o

Schedule - so want it done - and cabinet glass. Mouth blown by bendheim/ lamberts. So many options . . .

o

Pal,
Aren't stainless steel counters applied to a substrate, e.g., wood? So, couldn't one use a wood coving attached to the edge of the wood that will be at the back of the counter, sand the junction smooth, and apply the stainless over that?

o

i am obsessing about remodeling another kitchen! doing house hunting, want another fixer so i can start the madness again!!!

o

I am online all the time looking at dining table and dining chairs. We have a small round table, but I am looking to upgrade to a bigger table. I absolutely can't stand the upholstered chairs right now. Fabric and little kids don't mix. I want something with a hard surface that doesn't absorb sauce, juice, ink, etc.

o

lila - fabric and kids DO mix, you just need the right fabric. Check out Crypton fabrics.

o

My obsessions are targeted at kitchen use. Since I mastered in coffee obsession years ago, I've rededicated myself to tasting all the perfect vodkas. Christiania is my current favorite, but because it is now almost impossibly expensive to get, I found an acceptable alternative: American Harvest.

o

My on-going obsession (Call it #1) is trying to plan a semi-unfitted kitchen-- i.e. finding the right "elements" (that we can afford...) that work with a circa 1680 house that originally never had a kitchen. The early kitchen/ keeping room is currently the dining room...Obsession #2- should we combine the two rooms???.........And around and around we go.......In the meantime DH pacing back and forth about the budget and the time & turmoil it will involve... as our office is at home...................... and as you can probably tell by now...he is a Type "A".... Is it not a surprise that it has taken years to get to this point???

o

I'm burned out just thinking about a kitchen remodel and serious research is on the back burner until the fall. For now I'm obsessed with what's going on outside my kitchen window with all my hanging fuchsias and the hummingbirds that visit them. Also anxiously awaiting my the arrival of my new comfy patio sectional for summer reads and happy hour margaritas!

o

Hmmmmmm, it's the home stretch for my remodel, and I've been obsessing over the dang range hood for months!!! (ABRHH--All But Range Hood Hell).
By the way, I requested and received a pressure cooker as a wedding gift in 1968. It was used on very rare occasions over the years and was finally sold two years ago. It's a shock to me that this item is recycling it's way back around again -- No pressure cooker obsession for this gal.

o

Add another one to those who are in backsplash hell! The ones that I am liking are too modern for my traditional cabinets.

o

as I sit here in a small corner of my house, with my kitchen and dining room corraled off by plastic, listening to the constant drone of the dry wall installers, with the occasional shock of that pressurized air tank thing turning on, I am simultaneously researching:
~sinks, specifically searching out the LARGEST prep sink I can fit in an 18" cabinet. (Franke RGX110, I think?)
~faucets, good quality pull-down without spending a fortune
~pendants, small, interesting, not too expensive, not too industrial (even though I like that style best, it just doesn't work in my house, in my opinion)
~backsplashes, I think marble subways on the perimeter, but something more interesting for my butler pantry
~soapstone varieties and local dealers--ugh! This one is super-stressing my out!!!
But I can't fully devote my time to any of these things, because it's summer, and my kids need me, too, I suppose :)

o

For those of you asking about the backsplash I posted, it is by Encore Ceramics. Here's a linky:

Here is a link that might be useful: Grace Backsplash

o
Buckeyegoldenmom. This is better than Nest

Buckeye golden mom

Check out the Ecobee wi fi thermostats

Nest has some shortcomings in that it is not programmable in the sense of creating a schedule. It is reactive to habits but not able to know that unlike yesterday, today you want to do THIS

Ecobee is wi fi, with smartphone apps, reads outdoor temp based on your location, and can be adjusted from any internet location. But best of all, your phone is now a remote. Cold at night and already in bed? Pick up your phone and bump up the temperature.
Coming home for lunch today? Turn on the AC when you leave the office and it's cool by the time you arrive.

o

Carsonheim, your backsplash is exquisite. Julie, our son tends to decide when his parents lives need a technical upgrade and presents his current decision for Christmas. So thanks for the heads up. :)

And thanks, Kksmom, for the link. Son also has Costco. :) I researched that model and it looks like just what I want.

Suska, sorry I didn't see your question earlier. I visit various cooking forums, including ours here, but a favorite that has had a good amount of pressure cooker chat on is linked below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pressure cooker discussions and recipes.

o

Forgot to mention, Sreedesq, I just went and admired the Breville. We have one of their toasters and really like it. In this case, the price is definitely high enough to grab DH's attention, especially with my three large slow cookers (for holidays) filling his office cupboard. Maybe someday, like when we downsize... The newer two slows were picked up for $20 each over his "do we really need those" protests. :)

o

I could answer this thread differently every day! Today it is granite, I think I found "the one" and can hardly wait until tomorrow morning to see it for the third time (is it old fashioned to insist on a 3rd date before making a relationship "exclusive"?). I'm frustrated not to be able to find any info online - the yard is calling it Godiva and says it is from India. I think I've exhausted all combinations of "granite, godiva, black, white streaks" without success.
I may have to move on to the weekend's obsession early - exploring diy treatment options for my glass cabinet inserts.

o

today (and most days recently ) it is sink: still looking for that mythical perfect 30" ( or at least larger than 25") sink with an offset drain that will fit into a 30" cabinet. Granite or steel? Drop-in or undermount? What faucet to go with? What color if granite -- to decide, I need to make a commitment to a countertop, which introduces my other obsession: Silestone or granite, dark gray vs black, or maybe River White? Or maybe the clam shell corian?

All I know for sure right now is that my cabinets will be painted something close to SW Natural Choice, I will have a wood floor, and I have lights in the ceiling.

o

melissaki5, can you please tell me what brand those cabinet pulls are? those are gorgeous!!

my current obsession is cabinet pulls. am trying to figure out if i should do the edge pulls, or go with regular handles..
also looking for a portable induction cooktop!

o

Michou,

I recommend the max burton portable induction. I bought mine for $100 from Amazon and it was supposed to be for a few months for remodel. We are here 2.5yrs later and we are still wrapping up our remodel. It has been our main cook top for a family of 4 cooking at least twice a day. I bought a couple of IKEA induction pot and skillet and hey have served me well. I liked this so much that I changed my cooktop to induction instead of CC gas range top.

o

Rosie,
For me the Breville pressure cooker is great for cooking meals that take hours in about 30 mins. It also keeps everything from getting soggy since you can saute first. If you eat a lot of beans, roasts, or soups it's worth it in that regard. Plus you can use it as a steamer. When I bought it and started using it, I gave away my old stovetop pressure cooker and slow cooker. I did keep my small rice cooker/steamer just to have if I needed to cook a little rice for a sick dog. It's great! HTH :)

o

You're making me covetous. Since I do often brown meat first, the saute feature is what makes me especially wonder how to innocently lose those slow cookers. Maybe take 20 quarts of bisque or chicken and dumplings to a party in the next state (wouldn't someone be surprised) and just "forget" to bring them home?

Would you steam veggies in yours, such as for dinner, or probably do hose in a smaller pot too?

o

Rosie,
Regarding the steamer function, it fits enough veggies/shrimp for 4 people easy. I did keep my large stovetop Calphalon Steamer since the Breville really isn't big enough to hold crab legs. I haven't steamed as much in it as pressure cooking.

I only use my small single girl rice cooker/steamer now for my yorkie since he often has an upset stomach and I cook him a small amount of rice in it.

The only negative I can say about the Breville is that the silicone gasket does absorb the smell of things you cook. Mine smells like onions from sautéing prior to cooking. It isn't a problem for me, I happen to love onions.

My old slow cooker was done so I tossed it b/c I would never use it now. But, I could see where you would want an old slow cooker if you were letting people serve themselves out of it. The Breville is more of a machine than a serving piece and I wouldn't want the nonstick surface to scratch. So, maybe hold off on "losing" all those old ones ;)

There is a small learning curve, but it's great. Now, that other retailers have them the price may start going down. HTH :)

o

Rosie,
Regarding the steamer function, it fits enough veggies/shrimp for 4 people easy. I did keep my large stovetop Calphalon Steamer since the Breville really isn't big enough to hold crab legs. I haven't steamed as much in it as pressure cooking.

I only use my small single girl rice cooker/steamer now for my yorkie since he often has an upset stomach and I cook him a small amount of rice in it.

The only negative I can say about the Breville is that the silicone gasket does absorb the smell of things you cook. Mine smells like onions from sautéing prior to cooking. It isn't a problem for me, I happen to love onions.

My old slow cooker was done so I tossed it b/c I would never use it now. But, I could see where you would want an old slow cooker if you were letting people serve themselves out of it. The Breville is more of a machine than a serving piece and I wouldn't want the nonstick surface to scratch. So, maybe hold off on "losing" all those old ones ;)

There is a small learning curve, but it's great. Now, that other retailers have them the price may start going down. HTH :)

o

Soapstone countertops. They are hands down the biggest splurge in our reno but I just had to have them.

Second would be a vitamix. I think I *need* one.

o

Cabinet pulls and knobs: satin vs polished nickel.

I planned on satin, my faucet, air switch, flange, and soap dispenser are satin but so far, all manufacturers I've checked or ordered samples from are too dark for my stark white cabinets.

Any one know of a "brighter" brushed satin nickel knob/pull manufacturer? Does it have to do with being brass rather than zamak or zinc underpinnings?

o

Also, for those who are interested:

"2013 Kitchen & Bath Style Report"
NKBA-member survey reveals the top design trends for 2013.

Here is a link that might be useful: link:

o

Michou - they are Siro Quadra design A. They start at 10" and have various sizes up to 30". That's the brushed nickel finish which is really nice. They also have a chrome which I have not seen. I've pretty much have shopped every website I can think of and the price is almost the same everywhere.

Here is a link that might be useful: Siro pulls

o

Today I'm obsessing over ... everything! I keep thinking that I've made all the decisions that could possibly be required. But then the contractor, electrician, landscaper, fabricator, or someone else I've never heard of comes along with a new question for me. :-/

The specific things I'm obsessing over, though, are under cabinet lights and Kitchenaid mixers. I think the new kitchen may be a good excuse for a new, bigger mixer. Gotta be color coordinated after all! And countertops. We just laid out the templates on the slabs yesterday so they can start cutting. The install is supposed to happen the week after next!

I need to post some progress pictures. I lurked and posted here some last year, but then drifted away after the design got mostly finished and the project got bogged down in permits and civil engineers and the like. But now the end is finally near.

o

Been there, done that - but of course, I still am mastering the Vitamix (which helped start this thread)

I am still waiting for resolution on my silly drawer... The first set of replacement were the wrong size....

o

Mrsmm- did you say MRmm shot you in the knee with a nail gun? I think my current obsession would be revenge...

o

Mrsmm- did you say MRmm shot you in the knee with a nail gun? I think my current obsession would be revenge...

o

Latest obsession: when can I move into my kitchen? I'm tired of the delays!

A close second and third are my door hardware and the search for the perfect backsplash.

o

MM - ouch!

o

Gladys1924- Sorry, I hadn,t realized that you asked about my build! I'm dried in; roof is complete, and windows and doors are in. I have to have my plumbing and electric roughed in soon, too, for a big inspection. I'm building the house myself, single-handed, so things move slowly.

I found my sink! I bought a 43" Elkay on ebay. It has very minor damage, but I think we can live with that for the price. I figure if it starts out with a few scratches, it relieves us of the burden of keeping it perfect LOL! Now I'm stalking a matching single bowl for the prep sink.

o

thanks melissaki5 fir the pulls info, i will check those out!
gwlolo, thanks for the rec on induction burners. there are quite a few of them on amazon, all with mixed reviews, so it is good to know of one that is good.

oh a new obsession, green non-stick pans!
the cast iron is too heavy..

o

Oh yes, MrMM shot me right in the knee after a finish nail deflected off of a knothole in a board I was holding for him. He worked with clamps the rest of the job.

o

Mine longtime kitchen obsession has been vintage cookware from the 50s or older. I have a lot of Guardian Service cookware. I love that the stuff is practically bombproof.

At the thrift store the other day I found an ancient but still perfectly workable Presto 4 qt pressure cooker. The hammered texture on the lid caught my eye. It has beautiful wood handles too. I love that I can still get gaskets and overpressure plugs for it which I did because while the ones it had were serviceable they looked a little old. I also found a manual for it. Using some common sense and some internet research, it's incredibly easy to use.

Since then I have experimented with making a few dishes in it. French onion soup is awesome in it and beans come out creamy textured. Presoaking gets better results though if in a hurry I can start from dry. Seasonings get right into the beans instead of staying in the broth.

I am looking for a big oldie so i can use it at the next chili cook-off!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here