Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meg_ma

95% Finished - Cherry cabs, light granite, sunroom...

meg_ma
13 years ago

Here are some before and after pictures of our kitchen remodel. Many thanks to this forum for suggestions!

Please let me know if you want any details.

Before:

After:

Comments (20)

• donnakay2009
    13 years ago

Ooooh, it's beautiful! What nice choices you made. I love the pattern your granite goes. That side cabinet with the baskets on top looks smart, spacious and rich. Wonderful job!

• rhome410
    13 years ago

Wow, wow, wow. A very nice change! I love that wrap-around-the-corner storage-hutch.

• chris45ny
    13 years ago

Much more functional and very pretty. Of course we want details!!

• bethohio3
    13 years ago

Will you post a closeup of your cooktop backsplash?

• formerlyflorantha
    13 years ago

is the paint mustard or melon?

• nishka
    13 years ago

Everything looks beautiful!!

What type granite and color paint did you use? I am considering a paint color very close to yours with my cherry cabinets but I am afraid my selection might be too yellow.

• meg_ma
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the compliments!

A few details:
    Cherry cabinets with honey stain. Custom made by Country Craftsmen in Uxbridge MA (thanks to Willowdecor). We put as many drawers in as possible (full extension, soft close) and love the amount of storage we have.

Harvest Cream granite, fabricated by BFR and Associates in Manchester NH (thanks to Boxerpups). By moving the sink to the peninsula we have a long stretch of countertop which is great for prepping.

Appliances -
    Electrolux cooktop and ovens
    Asko dishwasher
    Broan hood
    KitchenAid fridge
    Franke double sink
    KWC faucet
    Kenmore microwave

The walls are painted with Benjamin Moore Roasted Sesame Seed.

Here's a closeup of the backsplash

Let me know if I can answer any more questions. This forum is a wonderful place to learn and share ideas!

• lala girl
    13 years ago

Gorgeous! It looks very rich and warm but yet it so light and airy - wonderful job, you all will enjoy that space for years and years.

• steelerfan_2010
    13 years ago

Very pretty & nice. The colors are similiar to my kitchen - even the floor! And the increase in the counter area is amazing. It is a nice change. Enjoy!

• eastbaymom
    13 years ago

Very clean lines, warm and welcoming.

The backsplash is beautiful. Where's it from?

• meg_ma
    Original Author
    13 years ago

We were lucky to find a local tile store (Tile Plus More in Natick MA) that had a great selection where we could bring home backsplash tiles to put against the granite. We are planning on being in our home for 10 years, so we made our choices based on what we loved!

The mosaic is Modern Mythololgy Muse by Crossville with the design planned by DH and GC.

The field tiles are Turek Honed Seashell (link - http://www.tureks.com.tr/en/category/collection/all/seashell/honed )

You can actually see tiny seashells in the tiles - very cool.

Good luck in everyone's projects, it is worth all the planning (and being without your kitchen for weeks - or months!)

Here is a link that might be useful: Modern Mythololgy Muse

• peytonroad
    13 years ago

That backsplash is perfect for the granite which is perfect for the cabinets! It is a really nice well blended look. You must be so happy!

• marybeth1
    13 years ago

I LOVE everything about your kitchen! I love your mosaic I love your granite and the warmth of your cabinets. Could you please share more info on your sun room construction and what was involved in that? Was it expensive? I would love to add on a sun room to our home and use it as a breakfast room but am concerned with the cost. Thanks for any advice you could share. Enjoy your beautiful new space!

• meg_ma
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Marybeth - it's wonderful to hear such nice comments on our kitchen!

Our sunroom was added to the home years ago by a prior owner (and probably without a permit). You can see it through the sliding glass door in the second original photo. Our GC found many problems with it and most had to be rebuilt.

I designed the pantry/hutch with our cabinet maker and two inspiration photos - I wanted to connect the two rooms and love having the additional space.

We used a Jotul Nordic Gas Stove for heat because we didn't want to strain the furnace for the rest of the house.

Not knowing where you live, the cost of construction can vary widely. You best bet is to find a GC (or two or three) and get some general quotes to see if you want to pursue building a sunroom. Good Luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Jotul gas stove

• crazyhouse6
    13 years ago

Well done. I love all the interesting angles. Enjoy your new kitchen! It is beautiful!

• vampiressrn
    13 years ago

Congratulations, it turned out beautifully. I love the angles too. :-)

• sochi
    13 years ago

Beautiful kitchen, really well done! The cabinets are gorgeous. Love the ceiling fan too! Enjoy and congratulations!

• malhgold
    13 years ago

Lovely......I like the way you opened up the space. You have some very nice personal touches. Congratulations and enjoy your new kitchen!

• beekeeperswife
    13 years ago

It's beautiful! I also moved our fridge off of the old stove wall, what a difference it makes! I think your colors are great and how fantastic to open up the space!

Congrats and enjoy cooking in there!

• elizpiz
    13 years ago

Wow - what a great transformation! You must be so pleased. Hope you are enjoying cooking in your beautiful new space.

Eliz

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES