Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White or gray grout?

Posted by Whit461 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 1, 13 at 14:01

What do you all think? White grout or gray? I worry white will be too stark and featureless. Gray may be too dark. We were hoping gray would break up the visual, and bring out the gray in the marble and stainless. we hoped the gray would be evenly balanced visually with the white tile.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White or gray grout?

I personally like the white grout. I don't like when the grout lines stand out more than the tile.

o

Are those marble counters? I like gray grout with marble counters. Is there a lighter gray that you might like better?

o

I vote for the gray grout - I like how it defines the tiles. My Dh picked the gray also. As Ginny suggested maybe a lighter gray if you are having reservations about it?

o

A gray to go with the stainless steel.

o

With the tile up, but no grout, we are able to see what it would look like with a dark grout line. We love the white, but in many ways the dark grout seems warmer.

o

With that color wall and those counters I would definitely go with the gray grout. It adds more warmth, character, and interest to the space and ties in the counter and wall color. Very nice job!

o

With that color wall and those counters I would definitely go with the gray grout. It adds more warmth, character, and interest to the space and ties in the counter and wall color. Very nice job!

o

Grey. You can get many shades, so find something you like--doesn't have to be too dark. You will be glad later that you don't have white!

o

Another vote for grey.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here