Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

FINALLY: Beveled Arabesque Tiled Backsplash-Pro Photos!

beekeeperswife
13 years ago

You have seen the Behind the Scenes photos, now here are the real ones. I can't believe this is my kitchen.

Please check out Mission Stone and Tile's website below, this is who sponsored the backsplash giveaway contest. Mary Elizabeth has been so patient waiting for these photos to finally be done. They offer all sorts of unique tiles, and they are very helpful in making suggestions. So check them out, and leave a comment, if you like.

{{gwi:1424082}}

{{gwi:1576995}}

{{gwi:1458934}}

{{gwi:1613693}}

Photos are by Jumping Rocks Photography: http://www.jumpingrocks.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Click here to go to Mission Stone & Tile

Comments (42)

• rookie_2010
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Oh how beautiful!!!!!!!
    The accent colors on your range wall look amazing, love the chocolate paint, blue cookware, the green glass, the flowers against your backsplash! You must be so excited to have these pro photos! BTW, your backsplash is one of my favorite backsplashes ever.

• hellonasty
    13 years ago

Amazing pics of a FANTASTIC kitchen!!! I bet you want to sleeep there at night!

• cardamon
    13 years ago

It looks like a feature in House Beautiful. Perfect - your kitchen looks great and the colors of the things you used for the pictures makes for some amazing pictures. The tile shows off beautifully in that wonderful space you created.
    Congratulations!

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! Still planning on using that backsplash when I get there in a few months! Thanks for sharing again.

• antiquesilver
    13 years ago

Jaw-droppingly (is there such a word?) beautiful - even before the photographers! You must be delighted.

• sweeby
    13 years ago

Fabulous! Amazing -- So elegant. Understated, but with ZIP!

• chris45ny
    13 years ago

Love how all the neutrals you used for your kitchen elements pop against the colorful accessories!! It all turned out great. Enjoy!

• ginabmg
    13 years ago

Your kitchen is absolutely gorgeous!!! Are you newly amazed and thrilled every morning when you walk into it? I would stand there in my jammies with my coffee and just stare at it!

• lazy_gardens
    13 years ago

Oh WOW! They staged it just like House Beautiful!

• PRO
    Diane Smith at Walter E. Smithe Furniture
    13 years ago

It's beautiful. I am loving the crystal chandelier!

• pricklypearcactus
    13 years ago

Wow amazing! The kitchen looked beautiful in your photos, but the professional photos really highlight the beauty. Call me crazy, but I think you should take the professional photos and have them bound into a book (if you're sentimental) for your coffee table.

• mitchdesj
    13 years ago

It's wonderful, those tiles are really special; enjoy the future of your kitchen
    and those professional photos are so well done !!

• tikibar
    13 years ago

Gorgeous! I always love seeing picture of your kitchen. Where did you get your drawer pulls? I'm still trying to pick some out and I really like the ones you used.

• countrygal_905
    13 years ago

Wow, those are amazing pictures! Enjoy using that gorgeous kitchen!!!

• malhgold
    13 years ago

Fabulous! Fabulous! Fabulous!

• mehulsey
    13 years ago

Karen: It was such a delight to work with you. Your kitchen is fabulous, and we couldn't have selected a better contestant to work with. Thank you so much for coordinating the photographer, and having everything in such perfect shape.

I hope we can work together again soon!

Here is a link that might be useful: Beveled Arabesque Tile

• Rutendo Rukunda
    13 years ago

Speechless!!!!!

• peytonroad
    13 years ago

OHHHH....AHHHHHH!!!!!!

• beachpea3
    13 years ago

Perfection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• drjoann
    13 years ago

I'm gobsmacked. It is so gorgeous.

As an aside, I have to thank you for making me aware of Capital ranges via your rotisserie pictures. A few weeks ago I put down a deposit on a 36" range from the new Culinarian series that just got announced yesterday. (A little "birdie" told me to hang in there & wait for testing on it to be done.) Anyway, your pictures are so beautiful and make e so excited because my range will look like yours. Lovely!

Jo Ann

• cat_mom
    13 years ago

Awesome photos of an equally awesome kitchen!

• dazzlemewithcolor
    13 years ago

Your kitchen is so gorgeous. That back splash is to die for.

• debpic
    13 years ago

Wow so pretty and getting ready for company! Can I come over? I remember when you first posted abut this contest and decisions on the tile in the fan area. Great decisions!!! Beautiful!

• niffy
    13 years ago

LOVE these! but love that backsplash even more.... OK, so are those carrots real? They are Super Carrots. Love it all....

• B H
    13 years ago

Gorgeous! And the backsplash - oh, to die for!

• overourheads_sf
    13 years ago

Beekeeperwife - one word: stunning!!! Oh, and one question - did you repaint the cabinetry in BM Cloud White? I saw your post in Jan 2010 about the yellowing issue - they don't look cream to me against the white tile. How did you fix that? Tx for sharing - you are an inspiration!

• arlosmom
    13 years ago

That is absolutely gorgeous...like something from a magazine. Enjoy your beautiful new kitchen!!

• techmom1
    13 years ago

Woohoo!! I'm not sure I can think of any fabulous adjectives that haven't already been used, so just a wish for many years of happiness and delicious meals in your amazingly wonderful kitchen!

• fleur222
    13 years ago

I checked out the web site link. How exciting to have your kitchen pictured there! You made a very special kitchen. Thank you for sharing! It is beautiful!

• mahatmacat1
    13 years ago

I came late to this but wow, that is truly stunning. I love the dark brown repaint.

A question: was this addressed already? But why not carry the backsplash up to the ceiling in the stove area?

Enjoy that fabulous tile (hope the grout's well-sealed!). You've now got a prizewinning, forever special home :)

• mahatmacat1
    13 years ago

Oh wait--it was brown already! That's the awesome power of professional lighting. Still have the question about stove backsplash height. And I think your kitchen looked pretty fabulous before, too, btw -- they had a great canvas to work with :)

• gsciencechick
    13 years ago

Just stunning! Love the little splashes of color throughout the photos.

• bostonpam
    13 years ago

Absolutely stunning! I hope my kitchen is even 1/10th of yours!

• firstmmo
    13 years ago

Bee:
    It's totally wonderful! Love it so much! What kind of woven windowshade did you put over sink? I am trying to pick one of those now.

• jsweenc
    13 years ago

Hooray and congratulations! Now my ever-present question-to-myself has been answered... yes, all those magazine kitchens are real, and some (like yours) are used well and enjoyed.

• yesdear
    13 years ago

Awesome. DW and I love the arabesque shape. The near-white color makes it so elegant and understated. Your backsplash is perfect in every way. Beautiful kitchen. Enjoy!!

• cj47
    13 years ago

Wow, can't think of any new adjectives to pile on....just, wow. So elegant and beautiful, you must be in kitchen heaven. What a lovely space. Congratulations, enjoy it and wishing you many happy meals there!

Cj

• segbrown
    13 years ago

Ditto ditto ditto...

• prill
    13 years ago

Bee - that looks amazing. The photographer did a really great job and, of course, had such a wonderful space to photograph. You must be thrilled with the end result.

How are you liking your dishwasher? Prill

• dirtymartini
    13 years ago

are you kidding me? That is your kitchen? I am green with envy...just GREEN! It is STUNNING, down to every detail.

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh Thanks everybody. We are over the moon with how everything has turned out. Your compliments are greatly appreciated and humbling. I'll try to answer your questions:

"every morning when you walk into it? I would stand there in my jammies with my coffee and just stare at it!"

-yes ginabmg, I do exactly that! I look at the light coming in, etc. My family is wondering if there is a problem with me due to the enormous amount of staring and thinking I do!

"Where did you get your drawer pulls?"
    -tikibar--the pulls are from coolknobsandpulls.com. they are Amerock. Mine are satin nickel. Here is the link:
    http://coolknobsandpulls.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=page.searchResults&string=53722&submit=Go

drjoann, so glad you have made a decision on your range. I can't wait to see when you start your kitchen project. Make sure to keep us up to date.

"Wow so pretty and getting ready for company! Can I come over?"
    debpic1, of course, come on over! So glad you picked up on "the story" we were telling. "prepping for a dinner party". You have a good eye.

"are those carrots real?"
    Of course they are! I had bought a bunch at the farmer's market on Saturday, but by Wednesday...ick. So I ran out Tuesday night and got those at the local grocery store! Go figure!

"did you repaint the cabinetry in BM Cloud White? I saw your post in Jan 2010 about the yellowing issue - they don't look cream to me against the white tile. How did you fix that? "
    overourheads- Well, I seem to have a knack for "design by accident". The paint store played with the formula of the paint I had and made it match the paint on the cabinet in its yellowed situation. But after I painted the crown moulding and light rail (which were added about 6 months after the cabinets were painted) we thought the paint store made it too creamy. So I played with the paint, mixing in a little of "the creamier" Cloud White to the exising non-re-mixed paint. Finally, got it. But no, I did not paint the cabinets again. And how did I get that tile to match? I have absolutely no idea. Total luck.

"But why not carry the backsplash up to the ceiling in the stove area?"
    flyleft, I can tell you came late to this....there were many many many threads about this decision. I had intentions of taking the tile to the bottom of the crown moulding, but after seeing it in person, I decided to end it just below the hood. And the reason for the 1" gap there is just so that we could end it with a full 1/2 tile, rather than pieces. I also like the way the dark color runs between the tile and the hood.

"What kind of woven windowshade did you put over sink?"
    firsthous_mp--that is a shade from JCPenney. The color is walnut, and I did not use the made to measure ones, but the ones I used aren't listed, or at least I can't find them. But right now the made to measure ones are on sale. Here you go:
    http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/ProductsHOM.aspx?GrpTyp=ENS&ItemID=16570b2&DeptID=70751&CatID=70822&SO=0&Ne=5+586+8+1031+580+1028+18+904+949+833&shopperType=G&N=4294953317&Nao=0&PSO=0&CmCatId=70751:70822

Prill: "How are you liking your dishwasher?", Loving it! Thanks for your help with that decision!

• B H
    13 years ago

beekeeperswife - what granite is on your counter?