Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No sprayer?

Posted by darcyjo1210 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 27, 13 at 13:45

Has anyone out there chosen a wall mount faucet and opted to go without a sprayer? The more I think about it the more I wonder if it's really necessary to have a sink sprayer. If the faucet has a goose neck for filling tall pots/vases, and swivels to cover the sink pretty thoroughly for cleaning with a sponge then why do I need one? I realize it can make it easier to clean really heavy pots like dutch ovens, but I'm pretty sure I could manage without. I have looked at the Jaclo Steam Valve wall mount with the integrated sprayer (the only one I could find that didn't have a hose that hung down into the sink) but the price is a bit steep for us, and I worry that the connection where the spray and the hose meet would wear down after awhile. Anyone without a sprayer now having regrets?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No sprayer?

I chose not to have the sprayer, but bought a faucet with a pull-out handle which works as a sprayer or a regular faucet by pressing a button. I mainly use the sprayer when I pull the faucet out to clean the sink. They're relatively inexpensive, too.

o

My current sprayer hasn't worked in years, and I don't miss it at all. I'm not putting one in the new kitchen.

o

I think it might depend on your sink. My old sink was small, and I never found myself really needing the sprayer. My new sink is larger and deeper and I find I use my sprayer quite often to spray down the debris from dirty dishes, crumbs, etc. Yes, I could use a sponge, but the sprayer is fast and easy.

o

Would never, ever ever give up my sprayer or install a faucet without a sprayer feature.

o

Will you have a grid in your sink? If so, you'll need a sprayer to chase all the debris down the drain. I use mine all the time, would not be without one with a deep sink.

o

I have to agree with Linelle. I love my pull down sprayer! I really don't care for a side sprayer as they seem to go wonky rather quickly.

o

I absolutely require a sprayer, if for nothing else than cleaning the sink itself. I use it all the time. But a pull-out or pull-down faucet is the way to go- one less hole to clean around, easier to use than a side sprayer. Can you get that in a wall mount?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here