Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recommendation for KD in asheville nc?

Posted by nchome143 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 21, 14 at 13:45

Hello! Can anyone recommend a kitchen designer in Asheville, NC? Our budget is mid-range and cabinets will be both painted and stained. Any suggestions will be much appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recommendation for KD in asheville nc?

I don't have any experience with a KD in the area. Though I can recommend an excellent stone fabricator in Hendersonville. Brotherstone did an excellent job on our granite counters, reasonably priced as well.

o

I live in Asheville, NC. I interviewed a lot of KDs when I did my kitchen. And at least a half dozen friends in my neighborhood did kitchens within the past two years. We must have all been on a kick. So between us, we worked with a lot of different (and a lot of the same) people. Define "mid-range"- that will help narrow. Do you have a brand you are interested in? There are some great folks here but a lot depends on your price point. Feel free to message me.

o

Thanks so much for the response, belle_va. LOL...I probably should have used the word "conservative" to describe my budget. It's 15K for about 12 linear feet of base cabs, 7 feet of upper cabs, an island, and 2 pantry cabs. I've checked out the big box stores and have a quote for Shuler that meets the budget requirements and I've also looked at Showplace (no quote yet). This is a "forever" home, as they say, so if I have to pull money out of a different area for the kitchen cabinets, I'm willing to. As soon as you walk through the front door, you'll see the kitchen, so the quality is important. I'm currently thinking of natural cherry with quartz countertop, uppers inset, base full overlay. Any thoughts or recommendations are welcome!

o

NChome- I sent you a PM. I would just reiterate advice that is often given on this board--- a good design(er) and attention to detail will make all the difference. I have friends with low budget kitchens that look really great and friends with very high budget kitchens that look sloppy... so pick someone you want to work with and who shares your vision and that person will help you stretch your budget.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here