Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cambria Parys

Posted by kompy (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 27, 13 at 13:44

I'm a Cambria dealer...just an FYI about the Parys color. It's so popular they have run out of stock. My client must now wait until September for her slabs.

If this is a color you are interested, call your fabricator to check on this for you. And possibly pick out a second option.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cambria Parys

Oh my gosh Kompy, I just googled Parys. It is beautiful!

o

I know....and there is nothing else on the market that can replicate it!

o

Is that really blue in this ... or a function of the photo?

o

I love this color! We thought it would be a bit too much for our kitchen counter, but our 4 year old daughter was in love :)

It is indeed blue and has lots of depth to it that you cannot get from a photo.

o

It's more subdued from a distance, while still having that beautiful flash of blue close up.

My fabricator is a regional distributor also, and he has a couple of slabs in stock. Don't know if they are spoken for or not. Just that they are there.

o

I'm in the same boat. My contractor didn't buy the Parys color when we picked it a month and a half ago (and 30 slabs were available at the time) and now that it's time to actually get it, everyone is out.

Does anyone know of a retailer/distributor/etc with one extra slab in stock?

o

The color is an attempt to duplicate a granite called "Blue Pearl" or "Blue Pearl GT".

Side by side the Cambria looks dull and artificial. The blue inclusions in Blue Pearl have the same optical effect as the security holograms they put on credit cards and the inclusions are incredibly brilliant in sunlight.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here