Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethcw_gw

kitchen in progress (pics)

bethcw
12 years ago

Hi All,

I am not very organized, and so this album contains all the pictures from our on-going house reno. The in progress kitchen pictures are closer to the end. I thought you might like to see my STUNNING Calcatta Dorado marble island! The perimeter counters which I also LOVE are Matrix Nevada granite in a leather finish. My white cabinets are the PERFECT shade of warm white - BM Marscapone. I will post a more organized group of pictures when we are more settled. LAst week was move in day, so things are pretty chaotic. My hats off to all of you who live through an on-going reno!

Beth

Here is a link that might be useful: in progress reno

Comments (12)

• ecf1216
    12 years ago

It looks beautiful! What color is the island base cabinet? It must make you so happy to see it coming together. :)

• tracie.erin
    12 years ago

It's gorgeous! I really like the profile of your door/drawer fronts. I hear ya on the reno mess!

• blfenton
    12 years ago

The island marble is sooooo pretty. The whole-house reno mess brings back fond (!) memories. We've been back in for 10 months and it's so nice. It looks like you're moving back into a beautiful home. Congratulations. Good job.

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

I'd be in love with that marble too! It's crazy gorgeous.

The kids are very cute too. Can you please tell me about those cute sparkly knobs?

I'm in the middle of a whole house reno so I know the pain you've been through. Your house looks great! Can't wait to see the final pics of the kitchen.

• LaurenPS
    12 years ago

Hi, I am starting a kitchen redo. I was wondering what product your white kitchen cabinets are made out of. I am working with a custom cabinet maker and they are suggesting a high grade MDF for the doors as they will not guarantee that painted maple won't crack at the seams (because of weather changes hear in New England) Any thoughts on this?
    Your home is lovely and looks like you made beautiful choices in your reno! Best of luck to you and your family

• bethcw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

breezygirl - here is a link for the sparkly knobs :) They are my kitchen jewellery! I LOVE them! Thay add a little glitz without being 'too much'. I also used them on my bathroom vanities, and wait until you see the sparkly pendant lights over the island that just tie it all together!

LaurenPS - the kitchen cabinets are painted maple. We went with mdf for our bathroom vanities, and from a "look" standpoint, I think they look just as nice, however from a 'feel' standpoint, it's not quite the same as wood...

Beth

Here is a link that might be useful: sparkly hardware :)

• Lisa
    11 years ago

For some reason I can't see any photos of your kitchen! I'm dying to see it because I am redoing my kitchen and love the two countertops you mentioned. I am also getting white cabinets. Have you removed them or am I doing something wrong?

• sanjuangirl
    11 years ago

I can't see your pictures either. Your link takes me to a log in screen for ICloud.....

• quiltgirl
    11 years ago

Okay there are some of us here who cannot get into ICloud. How about reposting those pictures for us. Can you please upload them to photobucket and then copy them to this post? Would love to see them! I have a Mac but for some reason it won't let me open ICloud. What is the deal?????

• susiemw
    11 years ago

I get a log in screen for icloud. no pics :(

• amandapadgett
    11 years ago

Same here - login for iCloud comes up.

• marcolo
    11 years ago

Um. Look at the dates on this thread.