Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelle16_gw

picture of nice grey with blue touches

michelle16
11 years ago

here is a picture of a beutiful grey, with touches of blue, which I plan on doing. My new stools have legs this color, and I will do some bowls, etc in the clear glass this color and a citron. I just wish they would post the color of the grey. Anyone know what grey this might be?? Tks, Michelle

Comments (15)

• sanjuangirl
    11 years ago

I'm not sure but it looks like BM Fieldstone #1558 to me. It's a gorgeous kitchen. Good Luck!

• francoise47
    11 years ago

Hi Michelle,

Your photo is gorgeous -- what a warm version of gray.
    I bet we can find that exact color for you -- just give GW some time!

It might be worth trying beautiful BM Chelsea gray as a sample to get started.

Here is a BM Chelsea gray island:

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Southern Living Chelsea Gray island

• francoise47
    11 years ago

Yet another Chelsea Gray kitchen:

{{!gwi}}

And, a link below to a Dear Genevieve HGTV show where she paints the cabinets
    BM Chelsea Gray.

Do I seem a little obsessed with Chelsea Gray?!

Here is a link that might be useful: Dear Genevieve Chelsea Gray kitchen

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

Sally Wheat's kitchen is BM Fieldstone.

And also in this link is the famous Martha Stewart's gray kitchen.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sally Wheat's kitchen

• francoise47
    11 years ago

Farrow and Ball Lamp Room Gray on the island here has a bit more blue in it than the other islands I've posted:

{{!gwi}}

From House Beautiful June 2012, "Kitchen of the Month" in Kentfield, CA.
    Island is painted in C2's "Fusion," described as a "warm, brownish gray". So perhaps not blue enough or cool enough for what you are looking for. Still, so pretty...

{{!gwi}}

And one other kitchen that I believe is Chelsea Gray, looking great with the marble counters:
    {{!gwi}}

• michelle16
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Francoise-you are the best! Thanks for all of those, they are beautiful!!! I love the c2 fusion, can you tell me what brand that is and where I can find it? tks again! Michelle

• francoise47
    11 years ago

Hi Michelle, Glad you liked the pictures.
    I haven't used C2 paint before, but have been curious about it.
    I'm sure others on GW will weigh in. Below is the link to the store finder.
    Unless they use unique colorants, you can probably get BM or SW to color match.

Here is a link that might be useful: C2 paint

• michelle16
    Original Author
    11 years ago

thanks i will check it out!

• francoise47
    11 years ago

Hi Michelle,

I found your inspiration photo on Decorpad and it says the shelves (which seem to be the same as the cabinets) are painted BM Stone Harbor.

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Decorpad kitchen

• mpagmom (SW Ohio)
    11 years ago

Francois, you are the undisputed queen of the gray cabinets!!! I have enjoyed your links.

• francoise47
    11 years ago

Thanks (I'm bowing and blushing)!
    I found Michelle's inspiration photo above by searching "Indecasa bar stool kitchen".
    I was desperate to find the color for her so I went into super sleuth mode
    (aka work avoidance mode). I guess all those hours of sourcing bar stools last winter paid off.

• michelle16
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Wow!!!! You are something!!! I owe you big time!! haha, that was very nice of you!!! I will hit the paint store and put that up with my 12 other greys, before the designer gets here wednesday!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! Michelle

• rhome410
    11 years ago

So, Francoise47, in the one with C2 Fusion on the island... Is the hutch behind it the same color? It looks grayer, but maybe it's just the lighting.

• mpagmom (SW Ohio)
    11 years ago

Francois, I just hope you use your superpowers for good and not evil!

• francoise47
    11 years ago

Rhome,

The hutch in the June 2012 Kitchen of the Month feature in House Beautiful is a different color than the island; it is a soft grayish blue. The hutch is described as a "19th-century french bibliotheque" purchased on 1stdibsHmm. The palette in the the kitchen is dreamy.

Mpagmon: LOL!
    Helping a stranger in need: definitely good.
    Fueling all of our collective fantasies about upscale design and consumer culture: I'll leave that to the ethicists to decide.