Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Searching for Light Gray Glass Tiles

Posted by NYMK (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 3, 13 at 12:59

I'm trying to locate a light gray glass tile in a large size ...around 4" x 12 " (maybe 6 " x 12"). I'm not a big fan of grout since I'm the one cleaning it ;)

I've been to three different tile stores and have come up empty handed. I've found tons of the darker gray tones and lots of lighter blues.

Right now, since I am not finding the lighter gray tiles, I am leaning towards the Crystile Glazzio Gray Sky. But I prefer something lighter. Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Gray Sky Glass Tile

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Searching for Light Gray Glass Tiles

Glass Hues comes in a lot of colors and many sizes. They also come in matte or shiny. They have several grays - and others that in green and beige hues that are grayed out. Urban Gray is a light gray. I know someone who raw hemp, which doesn't look gray at all on the samples but reads warm grayish in her space. Actually, it's from a local designer and I can post it up here.

Here's the design spread from that:

photo alaskakitchens2_zps90bd5478.jpg

The gray you picked out seems very blue, though. So maybe you are going another direction.

Here's a link to the glass hues colors:

http://www.unitedtile.com/products/HOME/PRODUCTS/PRODUCTS - GLASS/INTERSTYLE - GLASS/INTERSTYLE-GLASSHUES/INTERSTYLE - GLASSHUES.aspx

Here is a link that might be useful: Glass Hues

o

Try Villi Glass, link below. They have a light grey glass in 4 x 12.

Here is a link that might be useful: Villi Glass

o

Glass tile store has a few grey grey/blue tiles in a bunch of different sizes including 4x12. I ordered samples of some of the tiles, they are offering 5 samples for $5. If you are in NY like I am, they are located in Brooklyn and I got the samples in 2 days via usps.
I like the tiles, just not sure if I'm going to go with glass.

Here is a link that might be useful: Glass Tile store

o

Thanks for the links! United Tile and the Glass Tile store did not have the light gray color I was looking for but Villi Glass does (thanks karin_mt). I just sent them an email requesting samples (since they are closed now). I will try giving them a call tomorrow.

o

Try Ann Sacks Lucian glass.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here