Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amykath

What Color Cabs to go with Delicatus?

amykath
14 years ago

I just had delicatus installed and have yet to paint my cabs. I was going to go with cream but now feel I need some contrast. This slab is very white with brown and black throughout. However, the dominant color is the white.

This is about what it looks like. This piece was in my last house in a bathroom.

{{!gwi}}

Suggestions??

Comments (12)

• ccoombs1
    14 years ago

Espresso, dark chocolate. Cream would be too light. What color are the floors? that almost looks more like White Diamonds instead of Delicatus though. They are really similar, but your's looks whiter than delicatus I have seen.

• User
    14 years ago

I love delicatus and dark cabinets, they are perfect together. Ccoombs, your kitchen is gorgeous!

• ella_socal
    14 years ago

I like dark cabs (even black) for the contrast.

• ccoombs1
    14 years ago

Thanks lukkiirish. I am really happy with it. Delicatus is one gorgeous stone!!

aktillery, my delicatus is much more colorful than yours, but still predominantly cream colored. Delicatus is unusual. Most of the exotic stones with a lot of movement seem to be dark. My DH and I were at a standstill because I wanted dark cabinets and lighter granite, but he insisted we needed an exotic. Delicatus is light enough to look fantastic with dark cabinets but still be loaded with movement.

• amykath
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I think I will find a deep brown nearly black color to paint the cabs. My floor is a deep brown but I will paint the cabs a darker brown. Wow, so funny, I was all ready to go cream!!! I love cream kitchens but the granite won't let me do it ; )

Amy

• boxerpups
    14 years ago

I like dark cabinets with that beautiful granite.
    What about BM's Tudor Brown. It is a great color.

• amykath
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks guys. Boxer, the Tudor Brown looks great. I am sort of considering maybe painting them a color such as darker brown but with a tint of amber to it and then glazing over with a black. Only a little black though.

Any thoughts on this?
    Thanks again!

• jencjudd
    14 years ago

Wow, ccoombs, your kitchen IS gorgeous. Love all of it!

Not to complicate things for you, aktillery, but I do have a friend who has Delicatus in her kitchen and she did white cabinets with a smoke glaze. It's actually VERY beautiful. Not sure how you feel about the glazing thing, but if I can get her to email me a pic, I'll try and post it here.

Doesn't look like you could go wrong with the dark cabs, though!

• teppy
    14 years ago

my granite is not delicatus, but extremely close to it. as a matter of fact, one granite yard near me identified it as delicatus. i think it looks alot like ccoombs granite. anyway, this is to show you what it looks like with white.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

• ccoombs1
    14 years ago

Wow Teppy....that looks really amazing with white cabinets!! Kind of a "white-on-white" kitchen with punch! Just curious...what did they tell you your granite is? It sure looks like Delicatus to me! It's gorgeous!

• thankurnmo
    14 years ago

I also remember dd70 did delicatus with a white/glazed cabinet and it looked gorgeous. Honestly it's one of those choices where you really can't go wrong. The look is just different whether you go with dark cabinets or light cabinets- but they both go great with that granite. Do a search for dd70 - I dont think she has posted recently but it wasn't that long ago.

• teppy
    14 years ago

ccoombs-its cold springs. it was another granite yard in my area that sells alot of delicatus that told me that it was delicatus. when i went back to the first granite place, they reassured that it was not delicatus, close, but not delicatus. they also sell delicatus and showed me some slabs from there too. this first granite company was the only one that had cold spring in my area. the delicatus was plentiful around here. its very popular.

its true, these granites and others that are similar are very versatile as far as cabinet color goes. i feel like i could easily do a distressed black finish on my perimeters later if i choose, and do the white on my island with my black granite. I love change, and it probably won't be too long before this happens. well, maybe not for atleast 7 years or so.