Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
erin_1776

Semi-custom cabinets - need help!

Erin_1776
10 years ago

So I'm feeling overwhelmed with my cabinet decision. Essentially, I have spent the last 4 months thinking we would go with Kraftmaid but when I finally got down to meeting with the KD and getting a quote, I had a bit of sticker shock. I've realized that it's in my best interest to check out a variety of other cabinets - to hopefully find a less expensive option or to at the very least feel less stressed & nauseous about the amount of money we need to shell out for decent quality cabinets.

Before I list the additional ones that I'm considering, I'll let you know what I like -- and I know that these preferences can increase the cost considerably. I'm OK with decent engineered wood or PBC cabinet sides, but I'd like to upgrade the ends to plywood. I want plywood or solid wood drawers with dovetail joinery. I'd love to get full-extension under mount slides with soft close -- but this may be a bell & whistle that I'll have to forego in lieu of upgrading other aspects of cabinet construction.

So, here's my list so far. I was wondering if anyone could help me arrange this list in order of basic cost -- i.e., you looked at a few of these cabinets and found X to be more expensive than Y, assuming that other things were roughly equal (similar construction quality, upgrades, etc.) and also if anyone has anything particularly good or bad to say about their experience with these cabinet lines. Thanks in advance for any help!

Kraftmaid
Schrock
Bertch - semi-custom line
Merrillat - Classic Deluxe
Medallion - Silverline
Bridgewood - Advantage
Aristokraft - Select
Debut - Estate
Woodmode - Brookhaven
Decora

Comments (4)