Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
browniepie_gw

Modest makeover memories

browniepie
9 years ago

I was looking through old pictures and was inspired to share two modest kitchen makeovers from our previous two homes. We're in the middle of a kitchen facelift now and it was fun to look back at some of the updates we'd done in other kitchens... I think what I like the most is that they weren't major investments compared to many GW makeovers, but rather small tweaks to make them feel more like home to us.
This was our first house. We replaced the laminate countertops (with charcoal laminate), removed the backsplash and wallpaper, got new cabinet hardware, replaced appliances (with scratch and dent finds), and repainted.

BEFORE

AFTER

This was our second house. We painted the cabinets, swapped in new appliances, got new cabinet hardware, removed the wallpaper, and repainted. This was intended to be a 3-5 year tide us over until we could do a full-blown remodel, but I sure did love my little orange kitchen despite the "floating" stove and numerous other layout issues.

BEFORE (yes, we bought a house that was this messy for a showing--LOCATION!!!)

AFTER

I loved these kitchens and made great meals and great memories in them, but they'll never be featured on Houzz. :-)

Do you have a modest makeover to share?

This post was edited by browniepie on Mon, Jun 16, 14 at 12:57

Comments (4)