Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thank you!!

Posted by ImaginarySister (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 25, 13 at 12:42

I just want to thank all of you for the advice & suggestions that you share. I have read so many great suggestions and learned so much reading this forum. I have an awesome contractor that we have used in the past so I feel totally confident with him. Our demo is scheduled for 7/8/13. I wish I could say I am excited, but I'll be okay. I'm not looking forward to the dust and all the mess, etc. We chose Shiloh cherry cabinets with coffee glaze, pretty sure we are going with Lapidus Gold granite, schoolhouse lights, Electrolux refrigerator and induction stove, microwave drawer, and Bosch dishwasher. I have never had a dishwasher so I'm more excited about that than anything-LOL! We have to remove everything from the first floor because we are having hardwood installed in the kitchen and then sanding/refinishing the first floor. Thanks again to everyone for sharing your knowledge!!

Here is a link that might be useful: My Weird Layout post

This post was edited by ImaginarySister on Tue, Jun 25, 13 at 12:44

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thank you!!

Wow - that is quite the house. It will be exciting to watch your reno!
Hang in there - now is the time to plan your temp kitchen area and how to manage while out of commission!

o
RE: Thank you!!

Thanks!! I've been packing and planning my temp kitchen for several weeks now. I'm pretty much ready now. We plan to have everything moved from the first floor when demo begins, it has to be done for the floor so I figure just get it done now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here