Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Super narrow, and $500K

Posted by palimpsest (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 12, 13 at 12:31

Very tight kitchen in a $500K property
 photo narrow_zpsb55a0dd8.jpg

Sometimes there is just no way around it, but it's kind of depressing that this is what $500K is buying in some neighborhoods here. They probably did the best they could with it, I am not criticizing that. But it's hard not to envy areas where $500K buys a lot of real estate.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Super narrow, and $500K

Yikes. Claustrophobia City. No thanks!

o

Wow!! Yes I guess I will be thankful for midwest housing prices.

o

wow--and I thought I had a narrow kitchen!

o

Looks like the perfect dieters kitchen. If you can't jam yourself in there, you can't eat. When you lose enough weight to fit in, you can afford the calories!

That is super narrow!

o

Now there's a kitchen that needs a French-door frige.

I know what you're saying about envy. The SF Bay Area has pretty high housing prices. I remember when my brother (in Spokane, WA) bought his house for what I was planning for our downpayment. Depressing.

o

Well, how do you get stuff out of that fridge, if you are at the stove side. You kind of have to reach around, don't you? It is depressing what a half million will buy you in some of the major cities....

(OK, I can't help comment about why, oh why, wouldn't you want to bring the cabinets to the ceiling?)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here