Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Never MT trouble

Posted by laurie26 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 9, 13 at 12:26

My new Nver MT doesn't work right! The first time you push down on the pump, soap comes out fine. Next time: wimpy, feels like it isn't getting a full pump. Wait 15 minutes and it works fine--but only on the first pump. We have a Delta dispenser and we're using Dawn Ultra. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Never MT trouble

I have the opposite trouble....I have to pump 10 times to get anything....thanks for bringing this up...maybe both our problems will get solved!

o

Did you just install it? Did you "prime" the soap dispenser tube before attaching it to the never mt tube? It sounds like air bubbles in the line.

Try taking the hard dispenser tube off the flexible never mt tube and priming the dispenser (insert into soap bottle and pump until it starts dispensing soap continuously). Then reattach to the never mt tube and pump until the never mt pumps continuously. (It will pump out the soap you "primed" in the hard tube, then you will have to pump a number of times where no soap will be dispensed until the soap starts flowing through the long tube. Pump several more times to insure a continuous flow of soap.

Hope that helps! I'm using softsoap not dawn, but I have 5 installed in my house and they are all working flawlessly. Also make sure the "short" part of the tube is connected to the dispenser and the "long" part (divided by the valve) is in the bottle of soap.

o

Make sure the soap isn't too thick. Most people thin it by 1/3 to 1/2 with water to make it easier to pump.

o

I remember reading - special installation instructions for Delta - did you follow the Delta specific info?

Mine works fine - Waterstone

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here