Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blueyoung_gw

Need help with flush mount Kraus Apron Sink

blueyoung
10 years ago

I love the look of the sink, and the the reason I choose flush mount over under mount is for easy cleaning and less splash over the front of the sink (for under mount the front of the sink would be lower.) Big but, my builder just got back to me that the flush mount for the Kraus has to be 3/16 or 1/4 of an inch higher than the counter top. Since I need to sign off on this asap, and I'm so confused since all the pic I saw with flush mount doesn't show that. I don't know if it's just my builder doesn't know how to install it or maybe it is the way for Kraus and I just did know it?

Any input would be appreciated

Comments (10)

• blueyoung
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The attached pic is from my builder and from the top I do see the bump but the other dimensions just confuses me.

My English is not so good. Hope you guys can understand me. Thanks

• blueyoung
    Original Author
    10 years ago

anyone? any thoughts????

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Your English is fine. I don't understand the drawings. I can't understand why it would have to be built up in a flush mount. I think if it has to be built up it would cause huge cleaning problems. I would opt to go with undermount.

• bcafe
    10 years ago

We have ours with a flush counter install. The counter is a tiny bit above the sink, but really slight. Our cabinet installer just adjusted his cut of the base cabinet to allow for a flush install.

This post was edited by bcafe on Tue, Jun 4, 13 at 13:32

• User
    10 years ago

Apron sink bases come with platforms already installed. He would have to shim the sink under the platform to do a flush or upmount install. He either doesn't understand how to do that the correct way, or doesn't understand that shims can make the sink any height needed to align with the counter. He should be looking at the hard plastic non compressible shims to get the sink height correct. And they should be installed 2 at a time, thin edge to thick edge.

This diagram shows how wood shims are used to get a window height correctly, but the same principal applies to getting your sink height correct.

• remodelfla
    10 years ago

Ours is completely flush. Your cabs HAVE to be perfectly square for this to work.

• bcafe
    10 years ago

You know, ours is really flush. I was just feeling the area and I actually don't think it could get any better. The silicone seal around the sink is invisible so it is nice and tight.

This post was edited by bcafe on Tue, Jun 4, 13 at 13:37

• blueyoung
    Original Author
    10 years ago

holly-kayï¼ I totally agree! That was my concern too. If they can't figure how to avoid the different height, I may have to opt to the under mount which I know would cost at least a week for the seller agent to get the quote and have everything set on paper....

• blueyoung
    Original Author
    10 years ago

hollysprings, thank you! this make sense to me. I just talk to the construction manager and sounds like he's concern is that the sink may not be secured. My attachment was sent by the supplier, so he thought that's the way to install this sink. I will forward your comment and photo to him, hope he can figure out the way to do it.

• blueyoung
    Original Author
    10 years ago

bcafe, that's how I want the sink to be installed! Beautiful! love it! Do you mean you cut the cabinet shorter so the sink can be the same height??