Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrs_mjt

Best Advice thread: online retailers you recommend

mrs-mjt
15 years ago

I LOVED the best advice thread and noticed several mentioned using online retailers for purchases. Would you please share the retailers you recommend and what you purchased (sink, knobs, faucets)? Thanks!

Comments (26)

• gshop
    15 years ago

As posted in an earlier thread:

I highly recommend the following which have had great service, great prices and quick mailing: Faucets2U.com, pcappliancerepair.com, Homeandstone.com (via eBay), and eBay.com. Alway check shipping and handling fees (if any), state tax (if any) and return policies.

STAY AWAY from Homeannex.com, I'm still having a terrible time with them after 3 months (long story)!

Good luck!

• kkupstate
    15 years ago

Here goes...

Galaxy tool supply for our sink

Lee Valley Tools for our cabinet hardware

WSC direct for our faucet and soap dispenser

Those 3 had excellent prices and fast shipping.

I bought a single pull from coolknobsandpulls.com - also fast ship,& a sink grid from designerplumbingoutlet.com

I think that sums it up. Overall, great experience with all of them, and like a kid waiting for a present, I love seeing that truck pull up and deliver a package!

• cocontom
    15 years ago

Add me to the Galaxy happy customers list!

Bathingbarn.com was considerably less than homeclick (I think it was $100), but they took over a week to ship a faucet- not to get here, for it to leave, after I requested the status on a "live chat" that took 12 hours for a response via email that said it was shipped- except it wasn't, according to the UPS label. They called DH the next day (like 36 hours after the "live" chat, the next day after they emailed that it had shipped) with the tracking number. If you have plenty of time, you will save money.

• chrissiemw
    15 years ago

HomeandStone via ebay as well:
    Got my blanco silgranit sink from them. Great price and very quick shipping, no issues at all.

Buckeye 4 Detail (via ebay store):
    Purchased our trim/crown from them for our kraftmaid cabinets and saved about $700!!! Quick ship and product was received very quickly.

• alku05
    15 years ago

Faucetdepot.com, bathandkitchenstudio.com, and efaucet.com for faucets (two brizos and an instahot)

shelvesthatslide.com for revashelf acessories (they're one of the few retailers located out west, so if you're on this side of the country you'll save a fortune in shipping costs) They had good prices and excellent customer service when I had an issue.

Of course I recommend Galaxy too!

• mominthedubc
    15 years ago

How's the warranty or guarantee from these online websites if there is a problem? Thanks.

• rosalita
    15 years ago

HomeAndStone.com gave excellent service for my silgranit sink (from their EBay Store) Shipped immiediately (free shipping/no tax) , much cheaper than any store I found locally and even cheaper than their own online store. Well packaged and delivered by Federal Express.
    My my ORB knobs and pulls, I used Cripe ( NO "s") Distributing that I learned about here. SUPER good price but you do receive a bulk buy - no single pieces. 25 knobs were $14. These are heavy, good quality too. I had a good friend that bought hers at Expo and paid 5 times more.

• coachark
    15 years ago

I am determined to warn everyone against doing any business with HomeCenter.com. Lesson: Always check shopping ratings/reviews and with the BBB before you consider doing business with any online company. HomeCenter.com is not to be trusted and they show no sign of changing their misleading business practices.
    Both FaucetDirect.com and Hansgroheinstock.com were on time with deliveries and provided notification of shipping dates and tracking numbers. Items arrived in perfect condition.

HomeCenter.com has refused to give any shipping or tracking information, will not respond to e-mails they encourage you to send them if there is any problem (have never responded to any of our e-mails), charge you fees if you try to cancel your order even though they can't tell you when an order is actually going to arrive.....draw your own conclusions about the integrity of this company.

• tgpdd
    15 years ago

I know many here swear by Bellacore for lighting. I found the same fixture I was looking for at Novalightingstore.com for nearly $150 less. They do have a restocking fee, but it would have been much less than the price difference had I wanted to return it.

I had a good experience with Faucet Discounters on ebay. It's an outlet for Price-Pfister. The shipping wasn't super speedy, but I saved well over $200 on the faucet.

• november
    15 years ago

CSN lighting - csnlighting.com and Faucet Direct were great - very fast, good prices, nice products.

• lilyj
    15 years ago

I purchased ORB cup pulls and knobs with backplates from shakerag-hardware on eBay. It was difficult to find backplates elsewhere. The customer service was great and shipping was speedy. They look great and are heavy. The backplates look like the same ones I saw for around $7 each at other places, but were only $3.75 with knobs.

• remodel1958
    15 years ago

I am really pleased with the light fixture I found at lighting universe http://www.alliedtradegroup.com Arrived when they said it would - fast - and intact. Easy web interface, checkout and delivery tracking.

• lamir
    15 years ago

lightingonthenet.com has the lowest prices for light fixtures and lamps.

• mcu12
    15 years ago

I second lightingonthenet.com. I ordered a stained glass piece from them, and although it came cracked (3 times - was shipped directly from manufacturer). They were great about getting a new one sent out immediately, and the 4th time was a charm. Excellent customer service.

Galaxy for Ticor sinks - the customer service rep I spoke with helped me select a sink that would fit, and I had no problems with the order. Later found that Overstock had lower prices and called, they price matched after the fact. Very pleased.

Got some great deals at Amazon on my main faucet, a disposal, and some accessories for less than I was able to find anywhere else, and of course the free shipping, I've never had any problems with Amazon.

I also got a great deal on my prep sink faucet on eBay, but it was kind of a random thing, saved over $100.

• njmomof2
    15 years ago

We recently redid our kitchen and one website we loved was: Plumbingexpress.com. They were very helpful when we had a problem(not due to them), we paid no tax, their prices were excellent and the shipping was great. We wound up getting most of our fixtures from them. I also like faucetdirect.com as well.

• rosalita
    15 years ago

I was just searching for recommendations for online lighting and found this thread again. IT's so good for newbies to know good online stores that I just thought this should be bumped up to the main page.

• Fori
    15 years ago

This DOES deserve a bump!

Rejuvenation.com (lighting and other reproduction hardware--I've purchased light fixtures and a doorbell. Nice quality.)

leevalleytools.com (knobs, kitchen miscellany, tools, pet casket hardware, stuff...I've gotten furniture hardware, gadgets, garden stuff, gifts, etc. Greatreturn policy ig hardware shopping.)

faucetdepot.com (I just got a--guess! Fast and cheaper than others online)

• ccoombs1
    15 years ago

Galaxy tool supply, but don't go to their web site, find them on Ebay. Many of the sinks are offered at a buy it now price, but many also let you make an offer. I bought two...offered about 60% of the buy it now price and the offers were accepted. Awesome deals!!!

• mrpandy
    15 years ago

I bought my Hinkley pendant lights from lightingshowplace.com and was very satisfied with the price, communication, and delivery.

• mountainbasketmaker
    15 years ago

Rejuvenation.com... They have a wonderful variety of lighting fixtures that cannot be found anywhere else. I got my over-the-sink small ceiling mount light from them. I'm not picky, but could not find the type of fixture I needed anywhere else. A big plus is their styles are gorgeous and customer service is excellent.

cabinetknob.com.... I looked for knobs and pulls till the cows came home, and still couldn't find what I wanted. I got my knobs and pulls from this site and couldn't be happier. They were very helpful sending me specs info prior to my ordering, and the quality of what I got is better that anything I put my fingers on (literally) in any store or shop. Very good service and every knob and pull was individually wrapped so they wouldn't scratch.

• mike_r_2000
    15 years ago

I'd second Lee Valley Tools. I've got a variety of things from them, though I've usually gone into the store since there's one near downtown Toronto. Love getting their catalogs too - great bathroom reading.

Taps Bath has a great selection of faucets and such - got our old faucet there, trying to decide on a new one for the new kitchen. Another place whose showroom is in Toronto.

I suppose finally is Green Tea Design - which is also located in Toronto. They're doing the cabinets for our kitchen - which includes their own hardware, which I haven't seen elsewhere in quite the same styles. We've also got a step chest from green tea which we absolutely love.

• vicnsb
    15 years ago

Bumping this valuable info!

• arleneb
    15 years ago

This was actually a bathroom purchase, but they have kitchen stuff as well. My Panasonic WhisperWarm was $150 less than local, ordered on Monday morning and it arrived Wednesday noon. I was thrilled -- http://www.wamhomecenter.com

I ordered faucets from efaucets -- good price and fast delivery.

On the other hand, I looked everywhere online for my lighting fixtures and my local store could beat the price every time . . . and that takes into account our almost 10% sales tax! Just a reminder to check local options as well!

Arlene

• flyinghigh
    15 years ago

Rather than repeat a few that have already been mentioned, there are a few others I've dealt with that I absolutely love:

Sinks Gallery - These guys have the largest array of sinks I have seen anywhere. ...and not your typical selection that you find at big box stores, Espray or even plumbing showrooms. Their customer service is outstanding.

Copper Sinks Online - I've sung their praises before. I believe they have other websites for stone and glass as well.

I see a few posts about Ebay, but here is my $0.02 on that. To say "Ebay is great - check out sinks/lighting there" doesn't consider that Ebay is really only like a "mall". There are countless different sellers that range from borderline fraudulant to excellent. I have found that the ratings don't always ensure a good experience... Personally for things like fixtures, I prefer to shop local or with a few larger online companies that can afford to have their own websites, real people to answer the phone and provide some semblance of customer service, etc. (like the ones I've mentioned above).

• cambro5
    15 years ago

Galaxy Tool for the sink.

yourhomesupply.com for knobs/pulls - very cheap but nice and solid - link below. They appear to be an ebay store only now but weren't when I bought mine back in May.

Here is a link that might be useful: yourhomesupply ebay store