Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen Counter Lighting

Posted by donaleen (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 20, 13 at 12:01

These are night lights. 4 watt incandescent night lights. I like them so much better then LED lights.

The back splash isn't in yet but we have it figured out and have someone lined up to install it.

Here is a link that might be useful: more info here

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen Counter Lighting

Oh, I LIKE that!!

o

I really like the nightlight yellow soft color much better then led. My contractor has told me there are yellow light LEDs but I haven't seen them. Anyone?

o

Look for LEDs that have a color temperature of 2700--those are much like the color of traditional incandescent bulbs. As you get to 3500 you are getting a much whiter light (I may not being saying that quite right). Check out the lighting forum--lots of experts there who can recommend specific LEDS!

o

Donaleen: are you saying you use those for task lighting? They don't seem nearly bright enough to me. They look great, though.

o

No, the night lights are not for task lighting. During the day the window generally provides plenty of task lighting. When we need task lighting (at night or on a dark day), there are several task light sources (lights on the vent a hood, sconce, pendant, recessed lights in the ceiling. Those lights are on dimmers and can be adjusted from garishly bright to very soft.

The night lights just create warm spots under the upper cabinets. They are for looks and mood.

Sorry for the confusion. They are fun, aren't they? A little fun is good.

This post was edited by donaleen on Thu, Jun 20, 13 at 23:49

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here