Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sudhira_gw

A Blanco Silgranit Beware

sudhira
12 years ago

Just want to share my experience so far with ordering a Silgranit sink.

Firstly, if you want to purchase the new colors: Biscotti or Truffle, they are on backorder for at LEAST 3-4 weeks. For the other colors, give yourself a good 3 week window.

Our first sink came with 2 defects, a hole in the rim, and the Blanco logo placed crooked under the area where the faucet would be.

We scrambled to find another sink, had to settle for Biscuit instead of Biscotti, this second sink arrived cracked...

I sure hope the 3rd is the charm...cuz we can't proceed with the granite until we have the sink...

Be fore-warned...order way ahead, and inspect carefully!

Comments (10)

• slush1422
    12 years ago

Sorry you are having such problems. We got ours through Amazon and since we are Prime customers - it came in two days and there were no defects/cracks. I just wanted to give another option. It was cheaper too - we only paid $312. Hopefully 3rd time is the charm for you!

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

From where did you order? That can make a big difference.

• Daicey
    12 years ago

I ordered one from home perfect and the other from home & Stone and they both came in 2 days! I inspected and they were fine.

I'm sorry this happened to you!

• sudhira
    Original Author
    12 years ago

We purchased form a very reputable company in our area, a great price...but just know that stuff can happen and give yourself time. If I had ordered the sink earlier on, we wouldn't have felt so pressed...then of course the imperfections..etc...hope I like the sink!

• SusieQusie60
    12 years ago

I got mine from a local plumbing supply house. I know I paid a little more for it, but we felt that for the peace of mind of dealing locally, it was worth it. It was there for us in about a week, but we left it there for another 3 or 4 weeks until our faucet came in too. I've mentioned this before, but I'll say it again, I LOVE my Blanco super single. SQ

• alwaysfixin
    12 years ago

Sudhira - your "Beware" post isn't very edifying, since you omitted the name of your retailer. Also, which Silgranit sink is it? Perhaps another retailer has it in stock in the truffle or biscotti. You haven't provided enough information in your complaint.

We bought our Silgranit anthracite Blancoprecis Super Single sink from Homeandstone, because that site was recommended repeatedly on this forum. The sink arrived in 2 days, and was packed in thick layers of styrofoam that held it absolutely inert and protected. As has been mentioned countless times on this forum when discussing Silgranit sinks, you must buy from a reputable seller. Saving 20 bucks or whatever isn't worth it if you are not buying from a reputable seller. Was your seller an authorized Blanco dealer? If so, then call Blanco customer service and let them know how one of their authorized dealers is treating their merchandise. You can also check the quality of your online seller by looking them up on resellerratings.com.

Qualitystone is another retailer that is highly recommended on this forum. They also frequently have 5% off weekend sales. They have the biscotti color in stock for the Silgranit sinks. The truffle color is brand new, just hit the American market a month ago or so, and it is to be expected that truffle silgranit sinks might be on backorder.

• sudhira
    Original Author
    12 years ago

We ordered the Blanco Precis from BID a local kitchen supply store here in Santa Cruz, CA they are VERY reputable...the color I wanted was "Biscotti" a "new" color. The sink came in 3.5 weeks from Blanco, and as I stated was defective. The point of my post was to help neophytes like myself in kitchen re-models, to think ahead! I was told from 3 separate suppliers that is would take 4-7 weeks for us to get Biscotti..weird...it is good to have a Plan B just in case...

That is all...

• cflaherty
    12 years ago

I am finding this to be true with all things that we need to purchase for our kitchen remodel..our contractor thinks its b/c companies have laid off folks due to slower economy and not as much "building" happening which inturn takes the company longer than usual b/c they dont have the manpower...our Anderson Window and FWG should be coming this week..this was a 4-6 week lead time! Yes... Also will need to get things ordered sooner rather than later!

• harrimann
    12 years ago

I don't know anything about silgranite sinks, but I'll agree with Sudhira that newbie remodelers need to think about lead in times for some items. I think my final kitchen would be very different had I known how long it takes to order most things. This is something my GC didn't tell me about. Until I remodeled my kitchen, I thought I could just walk into a tile store, find a nice tile and buy it. I assumed that the store either had it in a back room, or had a warehouse nearby. I know it sounds crazy, but I was shocked to hear things like, "That'll take about 4 weeks to get here from Georgia" or "They're planning to make more of it in June."

• sskit
    12 years ago

Just ordered a Truffle Blanco Silgranite yesterday and was told it would be here in 5 days.