Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
missamelia_gw

New Counters!

MissAmelia
9 years ago

Update: Well I guess my nervousness was a premonition. My countertops don't fit :( They are not deep enough so the entire oven wall plus most of the sink wall need to be re-cut from a new slab. Also the bar top overhang is not big enough (not the granite mans fault-- some kind of miscommunication in between us, GC, granite people ...I hope that they can be able to cut the right sized bar out of the mis-cut countertops, but alas I am not a stone cutter) I feel ridiculous, but I swear I am going to start to cry, it took me so long to find 2 perfect slabs that have a hint of orangy/copper to tie in my terracotta floors.

Original Post: After a week long hold on progress, I just got a call that my countertops will be installed today between 12-1! I can see the finish line! (can you tell I'm excited? (!))

I am also super nervous, I have visions of them not being able to get them in the house... or them showing up the wrong stone or something crazy. Its a well rated company that has been in business a long time and has been nothing but nice so its kind of un founded but counter tops to me make the new kitchen more real. I also hope my GC shows up before they do, he called my husband to say they were coming and of course my husband didn't ask if he was coming. He wasn't expected to be here today, but I assume he would come... I have no idea what to look for!

AHHHH! Sorry for my vent and ramble :)

This post was edited by MissAmelia on Fri, Jun 6, 14 at 14:42

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022