Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juliet11_gw

Photos of completed Grazia Rixi crema and noce backsplash

juliet11
11 years ago

I'm really happy with how my backsplash turned out and wanted to share some photos. It is Grazia Rixi in crema with noce accents. The photos can't capture how pretty it is in real life. (The counter is Silestone in Bamboo.)

Full backsplash:

Closer up (I looked all over for outlets/covers that matched the crema tiles and found these Leviton in Light Almond are a very close match):

The tile installer suggested removing the bottom portion of our window sill and the crema half tiles fit perfectly underneath:

A couple close ups so you can see the crackle details:

Noce voluta 2.5" accent:

Daisy noce 1.5"x10" listello and noce 2.5"x5" subway:

Thanks for looking!

Comments (38)

• Debbi Branka
    11 years ago

VERY beautiful! Love the daisy noce along the bottom. Your color matches perfectly! Congratulations!

• Lori Ryan
    11 years ago

Love your backsplash.. I like how the grout contrasts and brings out the design.

• pricklypearcactus
    11 years ago

Beautiful! Your backsplash looks made for your kitchen. Your cabinets are also really lovely.

• catlover5
    11 years ago

This is really beautiful.

• williamsem
    11 years ago

They look made for each other! What are the darker crackle tiles?

• cakelly1226
    11 years ago

Super pretty- I love Grazia tiles:) Those look amazing!

• sanjuangirl
    11 years ago

Wow! The elusive perfect Backsplash! You did it! It's gorgeous and works so beautifully with your cabinets, floor and counter tops! Congratulations! You nailed it!

• TxMarti
    11 years ago

You did a great job picking those colors. It looks great.

• chiefy
    11 years ago

Oooh - it's gorgeous! I love how it picks up the different splashes of color in your counter.

Good job!

• mpagmom (SW Ohio)
    11 years ago

I can see why you would be thrilled. Beautiful tile! The close-ups give an indication of how it must look in real life. Congratulations!

• modern_mom35
    11 years ago

gorgeous!! it all looks so perfect together. you have a great eye!

• juliet11
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you everyone for your nice comments! We looked at a lot of tile before we found this - when I saw it I knew it was the one! I was originally thinking of using all noce, but decided it would be too dark and the crema also looked better with the cabinets.

williamsem - both tiles are Grazia Rixi, the darker color is noce and the lighter color is crema. I got them at Best Tile. (Link below.)

We haven't finished updating the kitchen (still working on lighting and will eventually get new appliances.) Here is a before photo with the '80s laminate counters, oak cabinets and 4"x4" white tile backsplash. (The drawers and faucet are missing because this photo was taken just before we had the counter replaced.) We didn't want to change the layout of the kitchen, so we refaced the cabinets in maple.

Here is a link that might be useful: Grazia Rixi at Best Tile.

• tea4all
    11 years ago

You have done a wonderful job! Everything goes together so beautifully! I second modern mom--you do have a Great eye!

• tea4all
    11 years ago

You have done a wonderful job! Everything goes together so beautifully! I second modern mom--you do have a Great eye!

• kaijutokusatsu
    11 years ago

Very pretty! I love the area around the sink! Congrats!

• roulie
    11 years ago

It's really beautiful!! I love Rixi and it makes me happy when I see someone else use it! (My backsplash is Rixi agata). I love the combination of noce and crema...

• babs711
    11 years ago

So soft and beautiful! Enjoy our lovely kitchen!!

• bahacca
    11 years ago

pretty!

• badgergal
    11 years ago

Now that is one seriously nice backsplash. It coordinates perfectly with your countertops and the accent tiles make it extra special. Congratulations on a job well done.

• denali2007
    11 years ago

That is stunning! I have agonized for weeks over a backsplash and finally ordered one today.. If I had seen this earlier I would have done exactly this. Your kitchen turned out beautiful.

• remodelfla
    11 years ago

That looks absolutely fabulous and the wood of your cabinets is gorgeous. Congrats!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Beautiful and timely also as I picked the same tile for my kitchen (the Rixi Crema), so nice to see it installed.

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

oops - where did you purchase your tile?

• SaraKat
    11 years ago

Gorgeous combination! Love the color with your countertop, beautiful.

• flwrs_n_co
    11 years ago

Oh so lovely!! The perfect match for your silestone and cabs--congratulations!!

• Susied3
    11 years ago

Your entire kitchen is beautiful.

And, you have a great eye for color/coordination!

Are those the same cabinets? They look new.

Congrats, it's very nice.

• francoise47
    11 years ago

Beautiful tile job, beautiful kitchen!
    I really like your use of the band of subway tile at the bottom of the backsplash.
    It grounds the backsplash so well and makes a great transition
    from the counter to the on-point tiles.
    I'd be surprised if we didn't see some other GW kitchens in months ahead
    copying this design.

• countrygal_905
    11 years ago

Very beautiful! Congratulations and enjoy!!

• juliet11
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks again everyone! I'm so happy with how the backsplash ties the cabinets and counter together - it's hard to really know what something will look like from just a few sample tiles.

a2gemini- I got my tile from Best Tile. The link shows their locations - if you live on the east coast there may be one near you.

susied3 - We're happy - the old cabinets do look new. We had them refaced so the doors, drawers and hardware are new and the old cabinet boxes were covered with 1/4" thick maple stained to match the new doors.

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Thanks - I am looking in the midwest but have been in touch with both coasts.

• cardamon
    11 years ago

That is a great transformation. I like it a lot. It is very peaceful looking. You did a very nice job.

• onedogedie
    11 years ago

I'm only 3 months late to the party. What a beautiful kitchen! Counter and backsplash go together note for note. I see what a struggle that can be. You nailed it. Wood cabinet refacing is BEAUTIFUL and as a white appliance fan, I think yours looks spot on.

• juliet11
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks onedogedie! We're still especially happy with how the backsplash turned out. Actually the appliances are bisque, not white. We were planning to replace them with stainless, but decided that they match pretty well and work fine, so we're going to wait a while.

Juliet

• dakota01
    11 years ago

Very Pretty - you did a great job matching everything and your tile looks so "right".

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Juliet- what grout did you use- out BS is in and we used antique white with the Rixi crema.

• juliet11
    Original Author
    11 years ago

a2gemini - We used Polyblend grout in Linen. We wanted a color that was a bit darker than the crema and lighter than the noce. I think your backsplash is beautiful - it really pulls together your granite and cabinet colors. You picked great accent tiles!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Thanks- I almost used the noce as accent but didn't work with the countertop. Love your kitchen - we must be GW sisters!

• onedogedie
    11 years ago

Now I can see the Bisque-iness in the pre-reno picture. In the afterward the appliance read white to me. Interesting! I really, really like your kitchen. Just thought I'd say that again while I'm here.