Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which faucet for prep sink?

Posted by GreenHighlighter (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 5, 13 at 11:32

Hi all,

I'm getting down to the details now...

I have my main clean up sink in front of a window and am planning to purchase this faucet:
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Kraus-Commercial-Pre-rinse-Chrome-Kitchen-Faucet/3233814/product.html

Or maybe the one with the soap dispenser (which I want but the soap dispenser on this one seems to be cheap based on the reviews):
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Kraus-Commercial-Pre-rinse-Chrome-Kitchen-Faucet-and-Soap-Dispenser/4512252/product.html

I also want to have a hot and cold water dispenser on this sink (any recs??)

I have a prep sink on our island. The prep sink is a Blanco Silgranit Precis large:
http://www.blancoamerica.com/c3/blanco_usa/_www/en/pub/products/product_portfolio/portfolio_silgranit_sinks.cfm?fuseaction=c.articledetail&strukturid=1269500751125&artikelnummer=513426

I'm not sure what sort of faucet to get for the prep sink. A smaller version of the faucet on the main? But that just seems weird. But then getting a whole different style seems weird, too.... I don't plan to have anything else at this sink... maybe a soap dispenser. Oh, and the faucet will be mounted at a corner of the sink so we can use the sink from two sides (it's at the corner/edge of the island).

Oh, and our kitchen is pretty modern, maybe transitional.

(Sorry, I don't know how to make the links clicky)

Thanks!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Main sink faucet

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which faucet for prep sink?

My sinks have totally different style faucets, it is fine. Preferable even I think. If you've got a modern or transitional kitchen, how about a Kohler Karbon? It would play well with your main sink faucet. I have a KK at my prep sink, love it.

o
RE: Which faucet for prep sink?

I loooove the Kohler Karbon. But it's too pricey for me :(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here