Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trudymom_gw

Antique Brown Granite Anyone?

trudymom
15 years ago

I'd love to hear your opinions of your antique brown granite, and to see any pictures you might have.

Thank you!

Comments (8)

• clax66
    15 years ago

Hi TrudyMom,

We have Antique Brown on our perimeter cream coloured cabinets. We love it. It's a quiet, classic colour that goes beautifully with our cabinets. We deliberately did not want granite with a lot of movement (I didn't want our countertops to be the centre of attention in our kitchen). The Antique Brown was the first I saw and the first one I loved.

Sorry, haven't posted any photos yet of our kitchen.

• clax66
    15 years ago

Hi trudymom,

Here are two photos of my unfinished kitchen with antique brown granite to help you with your decision. Good luck:)

• trudymom
    Original Author
    15 years ago

claxx66, is it dark brown or black? The only slab I saw looked black.

Thank you!

• positano
    15 years ago

clax66,
    What color are your cabs and who makes them? I'm looking at cream shaker doors very similar. My KD is asking me what I want for the detail of the cabinet. Is your inset just squared off or is it somewhat rounded, making it easier to clean? What about the edges of the cabinets? Are they square or slightly rounded? All these decisions are making me crazy!

I love your granite too, I'm going for a very similar look with the cup pulls.

Enjoy the new kichen.

• jshore
    15 years ago

I came so close to using antique brown for my kitchen (also with cream cabs). By the time I brought a sample home, my undercabinet lighting was installed and it looked more brown than black to me. Since I wanted almost black, I ended up using a very dark uba tuba. The antique brown was beautiful, though! Just didn't work for me. I also found it under the name of Marron Cohiba and Labrador Brown Antique. I think there are a couple of kitchens in the FKB with those granites--just look under the category "countertops". Good luck!!

• clax66
    15 years ago

Trudymom - The granite is definitely a dark brown. The Labrador Brown Antique slabs that we saw were much lighter.

Positano - the cabinets are squared but slightly softened, if that makes sense to you! KitchenKraft is the Canadian company who made the doors. The colour is called "Palomino".

• positano
    15 years ago

Yes, that makes sense to me! Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Do you mind if I ask how much the granite was per square foot. Is it on the expensive side. Does the Labrador antiique mean honed?

• clax66
    15 years ago

Positano - I think the Labrador Antique is a completely different granite.

The antique brown is considered higher end; it is also in short supply in my area (Toronto, Canada). I don't know the price per square footage, but I can tell you we paid $3300 CDN for the whole slab.

Compare that to the $2300 CDN that we paid for the Blanco Romano granite for our dark stained island. (I have a sneaky suspicion that our prices are higher up here).

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio